TruGlo Denali Tritium Watches

Nice watch picked one up several weeks ago from Woot. The band runs small unless you have a small wrist you may not like the fit.

You’ll never find a cheaper Tritium watch. Most go for $200+. And in my my opinion, most are much bulkier and uglier because Tritium is most often used in tactical and diver watches.

I have the 3 hand TruGlo and the Tritium is quite bright. It’s not as bright as my Vostok diver’s watch, but the Vostok was several hundred dollars. The movement is also very accurate.

My only complaint is that the 3 colors (orange, green, blue) on the 2 hand model aren’t every distinct, as you can see from Woot’s photo of the watches in the dark. But the chronograph seems to be a different story. The blues seem very blue.

My only concern is that the description merely states that this is black stainless steel. Is the black simply painted on? That will make it very prone to chipping. Better black metal watches are ion-plated.

Some hopefully useful links:
Previous Woot offer
Tru Glo site
I bought the switchback from a previous woot and thought that it was a good deal. The battery died very quickly but was cheap to replace and it has been kicking ever since. I use that watch for paintballing and it performed fine, I don’t expect that it will last very long under water.

[Mod: edited to add ‘Previous’ to Woot Offer]

You can get a Luminox Sentry for about $150 (if you look around), although I have heard rumblings about quality control issues with the low-end Luminox watches.

That said, the chronograph here seems like a very good deal for the price.

Quality control seems to be a major issue with TruGlo as well. Some users have been able to swim and shower with them while others had problems from merely washing their hands.

Real quick, part of my post from last time:

I bought a TruGlo watch off woot just over a year ago during a woot off.

Really like the watch, it’s nothing fancy you would wear out to impress the ladies or anything, it’s a functional item I use at work.

Only complaint is that a few of the tritium pieces got lose after about 9 months of use and started to bounce around inside. I went to a local TruGlo vendor and they replaced it no questions asked nor receipt needed.

http://www.woot.com/offers/truglo-switchback-watch

I also purchased a TruGlo watch from woot many many months ago, and the lack of water resistance was true for my watch. I went swimming with it and noticed condensation on the inside of the glass so I made a point not to put it in water ever. It’s battery did also die very early… I ended up losing track of it in my motorcycle jacket and just recently ‘found’ it again. Battery was stone cold. I gave it to a friend and told him “Avoid water, replace the battery, and you’ll have a fine watch on your hands”.

If I had not already found a tritium replacement, I would probably try TruGlo again. The look of these ones are even sharper than the one I previously bought.

Ditto on the poor water resistance. Really liked the watch otherwise, but no water resistance was a killer. Woot did refund my money. Would like to hear from someone who has been able to shower, or better yet swim with one of these as I might give it another shot.

I have a pool and swim with it all the time! No problem found. I bought mine (chrono) on the last go round. My only complaint is that my leather strap is already starting to fade from the water, which I figured would happen, just can’t find a decent matching black metal band to replace it with!

I have a pool and swim with it all the time! No problem found. I bought mine (chrono) on the last go round. My only complaint is that my leather strap is already starting to fade from the water, which I figured would happen, just can’t find a decent matching black metal band to replace it with! I’ll be going scuba soon with it maybe i’ll have to think about taking it down with me! :frowning: this would be my second tritium watch and the T25 performs well once your night vision comes in, but doesn’t compare to how bright my Ocean Blue T100 illuminates. All in all a decent watch for the price, even if you don’t use it to get wet, the illumination is far better than any other watch not rocking tritium!

Does anyone know if Formex makes the Denali? Truglo partnered with Formex on a previous watch.

does anyone know the exact length of the band to the largest hole that the clasp can go in?

It looks like the TruGlo Denali Chronograph uses the Ronda 5030 movement. Here is a link to the Rhonda manual it is a little more informative than TruGlo’s manual.

http://www.ronda.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/Products/pdf/ba/BA_5021D.5030D_en.pdf

I purchased the chronograph version, it passed the shower test, no leaks. I assume people screwed in their watch crowns tightly before testing its water resilience. I ditched the leather band and bought some NATO and Zulu straps for it. It does look nice with a plain black NATO or Zulu band.

My wife just bought me a TRUGLO DENALI and it doesn’t work out of the box. Is there something special I have to do? I thought this doesn’t run on battteries or light per instructions. Any help?

I found a manual that might help you:
PDF Manual

If this isn’t helpful, you can always email into service@woot.com and see if they can provide some assistance. :smiley:

Sincerely,
Woot Staff