TruLink 60GHz Wireless HDMI HDTV Kit

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

TruLink 60GHz Wireless HDMI HDTV Kit
$129.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Wireless… One more thing to go wrong. I can replace a lot of low end cables for this price.

Why would anyone even invent this?
You can buy a 30’ HDMI cable for $10.

Apparently this thing needs line of sight to work (according to two reviews on amazon). Would’ve been cool if I could have this hooked up to my computer in one room and the TV in another room.

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-29670-WirelessHD-Transmitter/dp/B003HHRENO

And then spend $2000 running it from one end of the room to the other under the floor and/or in walls to hide it? I have it, I love it.

If you want to stream wireless content from the player to a projector w/o worrying about drilling-holes and running wires inside of existing walls.

I bought these last Woot Off, and can confirm they seem to need line of site to work. It’s seems silly that they need line of site, since they are supposed to use RF, not IR, but that’s the only way I could get them to work. When lined up they work pretty well, but having to line them up means I need to bring one out of my AV rack, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Another solution looking for a problem.

It’s just like the “Internet Ready TV”. What that about??? I just plug my laptop into my HDMI receiver and I get all the internets!

Not just Pandora or Netflix.

Honestly, how can you go wrong with 60Ghz of range??? That’s like two attoparsecs.

This thing seems pretty cool and I like electronic gadgets. As hard as I try, I just cannot figure out why I would need it.

Woot!beat themselves out with this one. Shown here on deals.woot for 10 bucks more.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/dde82859-c4a2-4e26-82be-22655f37baf9/trulink-60ghz-wireless-hdmi-hdtv-kit-new

Which actually takes you to moofi.

What is it? I’m clueless.

The ONLY thing I could think of is for a projector… then you could play stuff from your existing setup, but that’s a stretch :wink:

Wall mounting without a dangling HDMI cable going down the wall to your receiver or BD player. Now, the power cable… you will have to deal with on your own.

oops… cancelled.

This makes sense for portable installations, like lectures or doing stuff in a hotel room.

It’s BASICALLY a wireless HDMI cable… so there is no cable… it just connects… wirelessly. Get it?

Hey…inches is inches

Manual: http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-21882319/cmd/kbresource/kb-4496592869933331244/!DOWNLOAD?entryid=391676&attachid=37693

Although performance characteristics may exceed stated distance limitations depending on the environment they are in, the following
best practices are recommended to ensure optimal results.
The transmitter and receiver should:
• Face each other within the same room.
• Be located within 33 feet each other.
• Be placed at the same level, i.e. the transmitter should not be placed higher than the receiver.
• Be located in open spaces, i.e. not in a cabinet or enclosed shelf.