Trust Levels

As I approach what will be my 15th day in the new forums which will hopefully trigger my Trust Level 2, I want to look to the future and my hopefully inevitable Trust Level 3.

The Discourse blog shows the following for Trust Level 3 Requirements:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended

I believe it also says on the blog that some of these can be adjusted by admins.

My question is, will these be adjusted by the admins here at woot? Some of these goals are pretty intense, even for a 100 day period, since many of the topics created are deals and viewing 500 of them seems a bit daunting.

That being said and after review, in the 12 days I’ve been on the forums, I’ve already viewed 173 topics. So maybe it’s not that hard and this is a giant moot point.

Is the 100 day period set in stone? Are most of us going to have to wait until after the new year to become “Regulars”?

For someone who is so patient with a Vestibule, I’m very impatient when it comes to this.

2 Likes

How do we know what trust level we are at?

Also, what is the link to the Discourse blog?

thanks!

2 Likes

Blog: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Level, on your profile page it’s listed in the summary.

3 Likes

So it looks like I am Trust Level: member (level 2). I had to expand the profile bar view to see it, which might be different, depending upon platform/browser.

4da60ef24522154b2e5195f665ceb01a9ca6bfb7_edited

[VMod edit: removed the email. Even though it’s a (future) redirect, there’s no need to be out in the open.]

2 Likes

Yeah, those two are pretty steep, especially the second one. I hope they will be or have been adjusted to something more reasonable.

1 Like

Don’t concentrate on trust levels. They’re meant to be hard to achieve because they give more rights. I don’t want everyone to be an L3.

As long as you can do what you need to do, don’t worry about it.

2 Likes

But I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

4 Likes

But you can’t. L4 is volunteer moderators. L5 is administrators.

Pace yourself. LOL

But, but…

Fine. :cry:

3 Likes

I see what you did there…

4 Likes

I’ll grant you level three trust: Just fall backwards into my digital arms, I’ll catch you. Trust me.

5 Likes

OK. There must also be a L6.

edit: Oh Oh… I think Wooster has a higher trust level than I do…

5 Likes

Haha

4 Likes

I feel so safe and… hey, wait, what are those things on the ground below you? WHERE DID YOU… AHHHHHHHHHHH…

*** error: user was devoured by rabid squirrels ***

4 Likes

5 Likes

That reminds me… I miss posting in the Squarryl thread…

2 Likes

I AM LEVEL 6 COME AT ME BRO

9 Likes

Oooo… Too cool!

4 Likes

@davejlives You’re not helping!

3 Likes

ZOMG HOW DO I GET TO LEVEL 6?!!?!?!?!?!11/1//1/1?!/1/!?/1?!!?/!eleventy!/1/!?/1/1/!?

2 Likes