Truth Or Dell

Does anyone remember how much the Latitude E6540 cost on June 3? I’m thinking it was the exact same price, except it was new and had 16 GB of RAM?

http://www.woot.com/offers/dell-latitude-15-6-full-hd-intel-i7-laptop?ref=cnt_wp_1_1

Dell Outlet has the 7440 model with the i5, 16GB ram, 256GB SSD for $40 more than the $699 model ($739). Dell also fully warranties them as if they are brand new.

The 7440’s are really a nice model ultrabook class. THese are the current models I am ordering at work to replace the older stuff. The users love them. THey are built really solid and I enjoy working on them. The screen is crisp and clear and bright and the keyboard is a joy to type on (vs the older models).

Good stuff. I would opt for a Dell business outlet model though, better specs for a few bucks more.

The June 3rd price was $90 more…$1,250. Still kicking myself for not jumping on it when I had the chance!!!

Woot Admin:

Is the keyboard on the E6540 backlit on the current offering?

Maybe I’m missing something here, but Microcenter has the Venue 8 Pro for about $20 cheaper.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/422081/Venue_8_Pro_Tablet

Just a cursory glance, the one you linked to has half the internal memory of the one we’re offering.

was just about to jump on the 6540 til I read this. Thanks for the save, I’ll hold off til the next time something similar goes up for sale.

Does the Venue 8 pro come with an office key?

Planned obsolescence… Something anyone buying a dell should be aware of. Where I work, we have hundreds of 7010’s, 780, 790’s. Power supplies drop like flies after a couple of years or sooner. I replaced 4 PS’s last week. We also have a lab of 30 HP’s (towers) that are 4 years old. Never cracked a case except for cleaning. Make sure you get a extended warranty. Just sayin…

I have a 6 yr old HP…cracked the case a million times…I am glad I bought an extended warranty from HP when I bought the computer from them.

That Dell XPS 8700. Lets get this 100% certain… The graphics card is a Radeon R9 270… OR a Radeon R9 270(X) again, that’s with an ‘X’ at the end? Pls let me know.

Per the info we have from the vendor, it is sans the “x” - Radeon R9 270.

Thanks jaye05! I’m kicking myself for not getting one too. Maybe a few will popup on the next Woot-Off.

I use one of the SSD ultrabooks at work. Great little machine, sadly faster than my home desktop PC. As long as you’re not a gamer or looking for intense graphics, it’ll do everything you want, and do it quickly.

I have one of the E7440 laptops. It replaced my HP at work - thank god - and it’s a great machine.

I’m curious as to the shipping date on these items. Does woot hold all shipping until,the sale is over and then release as a bunch? Are they shipping from Dell? Just curious as I purchased last week and haven’t heard boo since.

The shipping for most items in this PLUS sale are 3-5 business days.

We use a variety of shipping methods such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)*. Shipping methods will vary from sale to sale and can also vary based on how far you live from the shipping point. Please note that military and PO Box orders are always shipped SmartPost.

*When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program.

If you have questions about your order or the shipping, please email into support@woot.com and inquire.

Just got my shipping notification :slight_smile:

-g