Turn your Craptop into a Laptop!

Mostly, I want to know about the speakers, but feel free to chime in on the other deals!

The 2.1 set is rated 4/5 on Amazon and Newegg. Notes about the sound quality are mostly positive, and many say it’s a great buy at $50.

The most common complaint seems to be about the placement of the power switch on the subwoofer. Apparently, the volume knob can’t turn the speakers off. There are also lots of people mentioning that the cords are delicate and short, and the L/R speakers are permanently wired together- no connectors.

I’ve been needing a 2.1 set for my desk at work (after hours use, of course), so I’m considering grabbing one.

I love the “crap” theme going on right now, keep it up!

had a pair of this a couple months ago, used them mainly for gaming they have great sound but only lasted me about 5 months

you posted to the wrong speakers

The most common complaint seems to be about the placement of the power switch on the subwoofer. Apparently, the volume knob can’t turn the speakers off. There are also lots of people mentioning that the cords are delicate and short, and the L/R speakers are permanently wired together- no connectors.

I’ve been needing a 2.1 set for my desk at work (after hours use, of course), so I’m considering grabbing one.
[/quote]

Decent headset for the new price, fantastic for $40. Very comfortable, crisp, clear audio. Only negative might be the closed fabric design gets your head a little heated up after a while. I’ve had mine a year and they look like I just bought them. Some guy commented they only “lasted” him five months. Good god what does he do, slam them against the wall when he’s finished using them? I pick mine up, put them on my head, take them off whem I’m done and gently lay them on top of the computer. Haven’t broken them yet using this technique.

I’ve had the same experience, they work great for me still after a year and the sound and mic quality are great (for the price)

Speakers don’t look like much of a deal. I can buy them for the same price on Amazon (if you include the $5 shipping), but I don’t think I want to given the bad reviews.

Amazon Speakers

Wish I had seen these for sale before purchasing my $80 Turtlebeach Z6A headset. They’re a great set at $40, I loved my last pair. They withstood a lot of use from me, just not my cord-chewing cat. Good sound on them but it’s true - they do tend to get a little hot around your ears. Guess I’m not as cool-headed as I thought.

Cacharais Headset:
Half what I paid at Best Buy.
Hubby loves the quality.
Soft, cushy, and won’t squeeze your skull.

It’s a fantastic buy.

Hey, it’s possible. Gaming’s INTENSE. Especially if there are trolls about.

Not sure about how good the refurbishing is on the headset. I bought some last year and they lasted about 5 months or so then it started shorting out at the mute switch. If I wiggled it I could get it to work but then it stopped working all together sadly. Felt like it was a waste of money. Before that though they were pretty awesome! Best headset I have owned and I own some astro a40 amp and headset.

Used to own the headphones. They are very nice for the money. Love the sound and comfort. Sadly, my son chewed through the wire while wearing them. I would recommend these as long as you do not chew on them.

My cat also did mine in, at least the mic portion of it! Which was a damned shame. It was the best headset I had for over a year, for the price. Way better and more comfortable than the Turtlebeach headset I got to replace it.

Love them. sound quality is excellent, and for that price it was a good pickup on my part