Tutorial: Made a t-shirt into hangable art. Easy and inexpensive.

For the “I couldn’t wear that, but I’d hang it on my wall” crowd.

Link to the instructable

What you’ll need:

• Awesome Shirt
  • Heavy-Duty Stapler/Staple Gun staples
  • Pliers
  • Hammer
  • Canvas Stretchers (canvas stretchers are usually $1-2 at any art supply store)

(Thanks for suggesting I post it here, OdysseyRoc!) :slight_smile:

[qualityposts=4323874][/qualityposts]

I have a few shirts that I’ve been saving for such an occasion. Thanks for posting that

Fantastic! Thank you so much for putting that together. Great job, indeed!
Now, I guess someone’s going to have to make sure this goes to good use and will have to keep this Instructable bookmarked and have some snarky text and link ready for a quick response whenever people start with the “I’d hang it on my wall but not wear it” comments. Hmm…

Thanks for posting that…

and that is a great Zoidberg toy hee hee

I couldn’t find cheering hobbits, but I think this will do.

Great thread, MissKari. I’ve thought of doing this myself some time.

Thanks again for showing us how to do this, Misskari :D. I would love to be able to do this with some shirts. I might actually be able to give some like this to my grandma so she can put them up for display. :smiley: (she would never wear a tshirt ^^;)

Awesome, thank you thank you!

Cool! My eye keeps tricking me into thinking this is an enormous canvas. For some reason, I was under the impression you had a life-size Zoidberg… :slight_smile:

C’mon Granny would love to rock out in this shirt… She’s cool, she’s hip, she’s 73! HA HA!

Awesomeness! I’ve got well over 60 shirts, but still like getting them. If I get anymore it will be over two months before I have to wash anything. But this may just pick up again.

does this hold up well ( stay tight ) over a long time, or does it get baggy again?

I’m wondering if it would eb a good idea to paint some kind of clear coat sealant over it afterwards, or if that would ruin it

Love this idea, I get so many I like but wouldn’t wear from random days

only thing now is i am going to have to order all the ones I like but wouldn’t wear, looks like my monthly shirt.woot bill is going to double