TWC Wireless Rain Center

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

TWC Wireless Rain Center
$15.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

This will work great at my house in Phoenix where the yearly rainfall doesn’t exceed .75" NEXT!

I Like these but I am really wanting a big giant BAG OF CARROTS for the end of the WORLD!

Bought one 2 months ago - lasted 2 weeks before it died (display turned to gibberish).

I was this close to getting one for my weather-addicted grandfather.

Then I saw the reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-Technology-WS-9005TWC-IT-Self-Emptying/product-reviews/B000EM9DHA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Um… no thanks.

But does it have a hidden camera and DVR with a 2GB SD card?

I’ve had poor luck with a couple of LaCrosse instruments, including their atomic clock that can’t figure out what time zone I’m in. I mean isn’t that kind of a basic function? Ya’d think . . .

Really want one that does everything. I mean can’t a guy/gal get a gauge that gives them both rain accumulation, temperature, wind speed, barometric readings, etc…

This. Was about to spring on this as a bonus Christmas present or upcoming birthday present for a weather-interested family member. Then did a little research. Yikes.

I installed one alongside an existing conventional gauge - glass tube with marked inches. They never came close to agreeing, and I’m confident the old one was correct. This is junk; you’ll have to stir your bones and go outside to see how much it rained.

Phooey - don’t need no new fangled device to tell me it’s raining. Here in Seattle, we just use the calendar.

if month <> august then
rain = true

I’ve had poor luck with a couple of LaCrosse instruments, including their atomic clock that can’t figure out what time zone I’m in. I mean isn’t that kind of a basic function? Ya’d think . . .

Yeah I was going to buy this as well untill I read the posts here that made me look at the reviews on amazon. What happened to the days when Woot would test all the products for quality to make sure they were up to Woot Standards before they would list them. That was part of why I shopped here…