Twenty Rows Sauvignon Blanc - 4 Pack

Sounds really tasty from the description. So, no grapefruit bomb then? I suspect not, but a pH level would help us know if the acidity is going to be zippy enough to counter all those succulent fruits, or if it’ll be just a bit flabboroso.

Clever economic conjectures and analyses from the boys above then too. Dying to hear the answer!

Anyone in Ho Chi Minh City who wants to go try it? It’s on the menu here:

http://www.skewers-restaurant.com/html/wine.html

Edit: Never mind. They have Twenty Rows, and they have Vinoce Sauvignon Blanc, but do not appear to have Twenty Rows SB.

Hey, now. Don’t go trying to upset my delusions with facts.

Talking about the description, the data we have are pretty interesting. Tell us about this Pope Valley and what the weather’s like!

23.5% Brix is high for a SB afaik, and 13.4% alc higher than cold-weather SBs i’d guess. and I’m also surmising that that’s a warm valley with a Sept harvest at that Brix.

Lmfao I was in Thailand on July but didn’t make it to Vietnam.

I believe only Chardonnay is sometimes MLFy

I found some harvest notes from current harvest Oct 7, 2010 St. Helena Star

“Mount Veeder — Brian Nuss, Vinoce Vineyards/Twenty Rows, “Well, we did get some heat last week as you know, it did help move things along. We are at 24 Brix in the lower vineyard. Seeds are a little green but getting close. Looks like the weather should be perfect this week around 80 degrees. Hopefully, we will have some grapes in by next report.””

Oct 21, 2010

"Mount Veeder — Brian Nuss, Vinoce Vineyards/Twenty Rows, “Rain on Sunday, but we picked some merlot on Monday. The fruit looks great and is holding up well. We were scheduled to pick some cabernet sauvignon on Wednesday and will continue Thursday and Friday in our lower vineyard. We will be close to being done. The scary thing is fruit in the upper elevations, 1,700 to 2,000 feet, is still two weeks out and without good weather that could be a problem.” "

2009 may have been a late harvest, as well. As of 9/11/2009, “Mount Veeder: Brian Nuss, Vinoce Vineyards/Twenty Rows
Our crop size is heavy and we have made our second pass dropping some fruit, everything looks good. Other Mount
Veeder vineyards have reported light to average crops and nice fruit set. Berries are small, vines are healthy. We
have watered a little less this year than normally. The weather is still up and down — what a crazy summer. It looks
like early October before we start picking”

Well at least it has a cork. I mean, how bad can it be?

(snicker)

I have had both The Grappler and the Twenty Rows Cabernet this week and found them quite good. No idea how this translates to their white wine but I am impressed by the quality of the other two.

Pope Valley is Northeast of St. Helena, over a ridge and before you get to the Howell Mountain AVA. It’s part of the Napa Valley AVA and is relatively warm - hotter in Summer than the heart of the Valley (but probably not as hot as Calistoga), colder in the Winter. It has long been known as a source for Sauvignon Blanc; there were grapes there from the late 1850s, but most of it came out during Prohibition.

sounds good to me - in for a case!

We suggest a hat.

You have to admit, that is a styling hat!

I’m happy for a SB here on woot, I always am WELL stocked with reds thanks to woot but less so on whites, and the last SB wouldn’t ship to Ohio (the bastards!).

In for one!

Made my first Wine.Woot purchase during the Woot Off, this one looks like something my wife would like, I’m in for one, here goes purchase number two.

No mention of hot moms in the description… :wink:

I think I am going to have to wait for the Rats to surface on this one… the mention of refurbished wine and that it is so young is making me hesitate pushing the large yellow button.

Found some more info here:

including:

"Twenty Rows sources fruit from Pope Valley in eastern Napa County every vintage for their Sauvignon Blanc. This is a wine to be paired with food. The 2009 is crisp with notes of lime on the bouquet as well as on the palate. Citrus, herbal notes and pear round out the palate. It has a clean quick finish. "

there goes that slippery rope… before you know it you’d be a black square!!

It is strange, I found this too: “One can’t go wrong with sauvignon blanc from Vinoce, so one must realize that he can’t go wrong with a sauvignon blanc from Twenty Rows, either! A first-run effort under the Twenty Rows brand that was such a hit that it sold out entirely at its release party!” from http://www.vintnerscollective.com/vcshop/product_info.php/products_id/504

No spreadsheet today guys, sorry. Can’t get a price since it’s sold out on the website, and their shipping schematics are funny, since they only ship in 3, 6, or 12 quantities. Can’t get the ship cost for 4 or 8 bottles.

I wonder if there are any rats for this one. If they did select rats for today, then the rats would know that the woot-off was ending yesterday which is usually a well-kept secret. Any rats out there??