Twisted Oak - Three Pack

Seems like a solid deal.

Before shipping, the winery’s website has these for $18, $18 and $24 respectively. That’s $75 once you include the $15 in shipping.

Compare this to the Wine.Woot price of $45 shipped and you’re saving $30 or 40%.

The 2005 *%#&@! is doing really beautifully right now, so I would imagine the 06 is coming into its own right about now and should hold strong another year or so.

Just recently had the 2005 Tempranillo, and it also is doing amazing. Convinced a friend of mine who was very anti-tempranillo to try it and it’s converted her. I would expect this one to continue to hold up for a little bit yet.

I made a mental note on the 2006 Grenache to hold it for a bit before getting into it from when I had it last April. Now is probably the time to go nuts with it.

My estimated drinking windows:
2006 *%#&@! : Now - 2014
2005 Tempranillo: Now - 2013
2006 Grenache: Now - 2012

I’m screaming at WD right now. We CAN ship to Tennessee!

wish the order would go through… pokes code monkey

Come on over! :slight_smile: You can help me “inventory” since my CT is sadly out of sync.

I so rock the Twisted.

Did anyone’s order already go through? They are working on mine already for minutes … no confirmation so far.

Anyone needs to see my ID?

I thought tempranillo was meant to opened early, hmmm. I dunno know about the exotic grapes. I need convincing …

I’m surprised at just how little I can find out about any of these wines - even comparable prices. Most reviews stop with 2004. Help is greatly appreciated, particularly if the blend is worth it.

I haven’t had Twisted Oak before - can someone convince me to buy? Contemplating holding out after the Ty Caton tease earlier

They’re changing it now, or supposed to be!

Hope my order got through. The last screen stated they got it, but it seems like it was hung up. My account doesn’t reflect it either.

Hmmmmm?

I will chime in saying that these are not my favorite wines. I found them to be a little one note and short on the finish. I’ve visited the winery and the people there are very nice, fun and they have a good sense of humor. However, I’m holding out for some of my favorite wines. TyCaton (missed the first offering)…

Just my $.02 worth.

Welcome back! Sorry I didn’t get out to D&D to say hi :slight_smile: Did the wooters give you a hug from me like they were supposed to? peers down at Java and Sparky

What happened? I got stuck in never, never land, and then the Vinturis came back. I have to go to a meeting in a few, and I will be highly put out if my order never processed AND I miss this!

Seems like some good variety to add to my collection, in for 2…as long as the order goes through someday…

also in the processing loop…now if the RiverBench pinot would make another appearance it would be a great day

I like oak, but 400% Natural Oak seems a bit much.

Definitely New World in style, especially the Tempranillo. That’s a bias for some here. If that’s what you prefer, it’ll be great. You’ll love the dark red fruit you get instead of the cigar tobacco you get from Spanish Temp. If you prefer Old World Temp, you might find it a wee bit off-putting. Not bad, just not what you want.

Very good wine, you just have to have your expectations in the right place.

iByron

This one is really beautifully made. It’s only just now starting to get that “age-funk” on it, just barely. It’s probably peaking right now and will continue to hold at peak through this year and into next, but I suspect it will still drink well through the next couple years.

Then again, I’m also a freak and have a Tempranillo-specific glass to drink out of :slight_smile: