Ty Caton 2008 Petite Syrah Two - Pack

The bank is my shepherd. I shall not woot. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Ty, I fear no purchase. For debt is with me. Lack of money and fear of credit, they comfort me.

Gah, I cant justify $25/bottle when my average from wine.woot is under $8.50.

And I’m trying to fill my “cellar” - more sixfer deals woot!

Maybe a w00tlegger trip should be in order?! I hear NH is nice to visit…

Tempting to buy this for the sip n’ sail, anyone know if this is a good boating wine?

And just how long do we need to wait to enjoy this good juice??

Probably not, because it is a red. I believe reds are not welcome aboard because spills stain the deck.

Plus, it’s probably very young for drinking this summer.

4-6 hour decant, or 2-4 years. Delicious stuff. A no-brainer at this price.

15.1% alcohol. does that mean this wine is hot?

$42 each on the winery website… so not quite half off…

We brought plenty of reds last summer, but not in the fall. Hopefully they’ll realize their error :slight_smile:

Nice discount from the $42/btl price at one retailer and from the winery.

What do people think about the likely drinking window? I am guessing this is VERY cellerable.

Was afraid of that and Krugsters would probably kill me if he got charged because I damaged the boat. :slight_smile:

I’ve never had a Ty wine that’s hot. They have the fruit and tannin to stand up to their alcohol levels.

Very. :-). Drink by 2019 or cellar past 2029 if you want round 2. It’s PS, it’s not going to die anytime soon.

Also, the wine labels, UNLIKE THE TITLE OF THIS POST, spell it correctly – petite sIrah, not petite sYrah.

I blame WD, naturally :-D.

Bah! The one-two punch…Ty Caton and Petite Sirah. You got me Woot! In for one. Oooh…and I got my Black Square with this purchase too. :smiley:

NO!

petitE sIrah. Get it right.

That’s why you bring a Camelbak. You can sip a delicious petite sirah and work the gib at the same time!

My most humble apologies. All better. :slight_smile:

I normally can’t refuse a Ty offering, and I love me some PS, but with a drinking window that far in the future, I’m going to pass. Need something I can open now and drink w/o decanting for more time than it takes to prepare and eat dinner.