Ty Caton 2009 Carlton Brooke Petit Verdot - 2 Pack

Reactions on checking online this morning:

1. Woot-off?! Dmmt my SIWBM was going so well…
  2. Ty Caton in a pure varietel I’ve never tried? Autobuy!

…but woot…my bank account…you’re killing me!:wink:

On a side note given how tannic PV is described as being…and how young these are with the price…I would guess/hope that they are meant to age for a while?

Hmm, I have a bottle of this in the cellar already. The price is right, I think, but I’m afraid to have three bottles without having even tasted it.

Ty + Birthday Code = Buy!

+1 for Roessler. I only have a bunch of Bluejay I won’t let myself drink yet.

When does Woot usually send out birthday codes?

Mine’s in two weeks and a code during the Woot Off would be on heckuva present!

Err - nevermind, just remembered it’s for the month you signed up for Woot. Gotta wait until December… Christmas present!

This is a special wine. My dad put in a small, high density, 2 acre vineyard out behind his house on the west side of Sonoma Valley ( much different than Caton Vineyard ). This is the second vintage. I was able to get 5 barrels. The label was made to honor my parents.

They were bought by a bigger winery and have not been on woot since.

Look for the old Roessler winemaker’s new label R2 (R Squared) sometime in the future.

PV on it’s own is very unique, but you are starting to see more of them. To drink now, I would decant it for a 1/2 an hour or use a decantus and you’re ready to go. It will also age 5-7 years or longer.

Thanks for checking in on the forum! You make me feel even more honored that I managed to buy this! Talk about a small-batch wine…:slight_smile:

The woot gods wanted something new and different with uncommon character. This wine will deliver and not disappoint.

I only have about 10 cases or less of the Riesling left. That won’t make it past the tasting room and will probably be gone in a week or two. Have no fear, the next vintage is in preparation!

Thank you for the kind words and the support!

Thanks for the report, Ty.

I’m still going to have to sit this one out but now I really want to try this!

I am so on the fence. The QPR is borderline for me given space constraints, and I’m trying my hardest to remember what I thought of the PV when I was in the tasting room a few weeks ago. sigh I never really expected to see it here, so I didn’t make a note to myself. I’ll know better next time!

I’d recommend this, and it’s drinking surprisingly well IMO

richardhod’s review is 100% spot on

SPEED TO FIRST WOOT:0m 40.483s
FIRST SUCKER:mbmiche
LAST WOOTER TO WOOT:MalcolmPX

My minute of fame!

In for one and looking forward to comparing with the Kent Rasmussen '04 of this varietal.

iBy…MalcolmPX

You convinced me. Maybe I will drink one and hold one. Thanks!

On a side note…I really like the label

Thanks!

On reflection, I’d probably get one if I were in the country atm too, and keep one or both for a few years! I did surprise myself by how drinkable it was for a young PV

Finally caved in - thanks Ty!