Ty Caton Autumn Relaunch

RE: Little Hill Caberent. Our vineyards are on the Mayacamas Mountain range that separate Napa and Sonoma. We tilt on the Sonoma side. The vineyard blocks have been developed with the contour of the land in mind. Consequently, the different blocks all have different sun exposures, incline, elevation, clones, soil types, etc. Sometimes they are 20 yards apart and sometimes they are 500 feet in elevation apart. These blocks are farmed separately, harvested and kept separate in the winery. This block is very small, less than 2 acres, lacks vertility and produces a very small crop. It’s very unique and different from the other Cabs on the property. In my opinion, its the most bordeaux like of the 8 Cabs I produce each year.

Correcton, it is the 2009 being offered, the vintage with the two gold medals behind it. My bad.

OK - I’m confused. I bought some of the 2009 TyTanium in July, 2011. New release?

I regretted not buying some cabs when I visited last month, so here goes! Re: pricing, all of these wines are still great deals. I can’t even get Ty’s wines this cheap as a wine club member, plus the $5 shipping doesn’t hurt.

Big fan of your Cab’s made 1st purchase this morning (Little Hill)

Yumm the Racchus is yumm!

Thanks! I’m working on Racchus. I just want to revamp the label. What does most folks say about the label that you’ve talked with? Do they like it or not? I get mixed reviews on the label.

I like the old label…

Thanks for the background on the Little Hill (I actually went in for some this morning). How would you contrast it with the Estate?

The estate cab (they’re all estate) is a blend of the Arroyo, Barracks, and Upper Bench Block. It’s quite different.

Could you elaborate on how it is different? Thanks.

Recently I paid $79.96… shipped, on WTSO for 4 of the 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. Come on Woot!

Deezy, that was a completely different wine that is not offered with this offering.

Hi Mr Caton… please explain. Because I’m holding the bottle in my hand, and the label is the same as what’s posted on Woot.

The bottle you are holding in your hand, assuming you bought it from the other site is called “Winemaker’s Cuvee”. This is a different blend. Tt is the declassification wine from my vineyards. A very tasty wine if I do say so myself :slight_smile:

Understood… and yes, it is very tasty :slight_smile: As is your '09 and '10 Verdot Carlton Brooke Sandybrooke and your 2009 Petite Sirah Caton Vineyard. I am a fan.

Ty-

Could you tell us when these selections would ship to Michigan. We all know WOOT shipping is kind of slow. I would like to buy but I am leaving town in a couple of weeks, not sure if they would arrive before I leave. Thanks!

Agreed on the Racchus - looking forward to its return regardless of what the label looks like. That being said, I think the label is just fine, although it doesn’t match your others.

I will try to pop open a Little Hill from last go around and report back. So far I have made my way through some Racchus, Ty’s Red, and Upper Bench Merlot and have not been disappointed yet. One of these days I will convince myself to get some TyTanium. It would be a much simpler decision at the price point others have mentioned :slight_smile:

I am a huge Ty fan and have never had the pleasure to try the rielsling. Will have to give it a whirl.

It is definitely a summer wine…so pop that soon! Last Christmas season my sister, visiting from VA, and I had the pleasure of being served some by George himself in the (bustling) tasting room! I still have some from our visit…and will take my own advice and pop that tonight…it being Saturday and all. Enjoy this fine selection!