Ty Caton Chardonnay (3)

Ty Caton Chardonnay 3-Pack
$54.99 $130.00 58% off List Price
2013 Ty Caton Chardonnay, California

Why isn’t Missouri on the list for this? I’m a member of the Ty Caton wineclub, so I know they can ship to Missouri.

[MOD: Fixed!]

I love anything Ty Caton but unfortunately with the CDN dollar in the toilet, I can no longer afford these wines. A pity.

A review from spiritofwine.blogspot.com, whoever they are:

Original tasting and review : This is Ty Caton Chardonnay, California, 2013, finished at 13.4% alcohol and first 2 sampled years from vintage date, in June, 2015.

In the glass: Clear with golden and olive highlights.

On the nose: Poured at room temperature and swirled vigorously, shows grassy pear and citrus fruit. From the aroma, seems like this will be bright but textured.

On the palate: The primary elements on the palate are in fact much sweeter, rounder and fuller than anticipated. But not TOO sweet, round and full - showing a luscious balance between fresh pear and just the right surrounding acids. The sip is lively and refreshing while deeply satisfying. Brings a nice sleek minerality to the palate. Finish is clean and of modest length.

In summary: Overall, the balance of bright aromatics and lush flavors touches an impressive four stars on the five-star Spirit of Wine scale.

Sounds like a public access wine review show that airs at 1am mountain time.

Missouri is ok. It was just left off the list at the bottom of the sale. Go buy all the wine.

Correct…on channel 7.1 right?

Normally this would be an auto-buy x3 for us, but with this whole house buying thing we are closed down from buying for the moment.

Passing on this prob ok. It’s a generic CA bottle, at this price no deal.

Respectfully disagree - SWMBO can’t stand buttery chard…this is one of the only exceptions…plus it’s Ty

Is it possible that it wasn’t taken through full malolactic fermentation?

As i understand, winemakers who choose unoaked styles are more likely to not complete ML.

Thank you, I was hoping that was the case!

It’s pretty typical. If they want the crisp clean style they avoid or don’t complete MLF.