Ty Caton enTycement (4)

curious why you changed 2013 blend on the entycement for last years 2012 blend? no cab, and reduced petite? how has this changed the notes? still using 50% fruits for your estate?

Yes, thanks for reminding me!

Thank you for clarifying that. I shouldnā€™t have assumedā€¦ can we call it the new Racchus Red? :wink:

In 2013, the vineyard took a real tonnage hit. I also sell fruit to 4-5 other wineries each year and honored my contracts and shorted myself on some of the fruit. My Cabernet production is way down and there was not enough Cabernet in barrel to make the enTycement program. The same with the PS. Itā€™s a little more than 35% estate with the balance coming from the Dry Creek and Russian River area. Hope that helps!

Ty, if I swing by Sonoma May 4th, will you be there to pour me some wine? Iā€™ve never done Sonoma before and would love to come visit.

Pulled the trigger!

Ill split. Im in NY where are you?

Thank you for the great informative email, much obliged. Wish i could have gotten some of your 2012, looks like a marvel at a great price point. (2013 Ver), Carignane (12%) vs. cab(13%), reduced petite (8 vs 15%), increased sarah (27 vs. 14%), lowered merlot (8 vs 14%), added barbea (4%), lowered verdot (4 vs 7%) double + production. little different, however, Iā€™m sure it is a fabulous glass of Red.

Thanks again!

I think they may be at Motor Vehicles. Or possibly in the region around Our Nationā€™s Capital. DMV - Definition by AcronymFinder

This is frustrating for me. Woot still wonā€™t ship to Missouri; Iā€™m a member of the Ty Caton wine club and they ship to me quarterly, so I know it isnā€™t a winery issue. This price is cheaper than my discount as a wine club member. Iā€™d love to buy this and start buying wine from woot again, but they need to get their act together and start shipping to Missouri again.

ohhhā€¦ Raccus Redā€¦ could this be?

Same here! Iā€™m in for 3!

In for one. Held out as long as I could. Just drank my last Ty 2011 Ballfield Syrah the other night, was very nice. Would not mind seeing those come up again!

Good to see Ty back on here. Iā€™ve seen Caton pop up on a few other sites but havenā€™t had a chance to buy in awhile. In for uno.

Arg! You greedy basā€¦ mumble

Donā€™t know anything about wine, I took a flyer on this as a Bā€™day present and my neice loved it. She was by yesterday with a bottle in tow on her way to a friendā€™s.

Nice gift, can I be your niece? My birthdayā€™s in December.