Ty Caton Ty’s Red - 3 Pack

As often as Ty has been here, it’s curious that the description doesn’t answer the usual questions (brix, oak treatment, residual sugar, pH, TA, etc., etc.) Not that that appears to be stopping anybody, but it would be nice to have as a point of reference against future wines of unknown quality.

thanks!!! got me 2 of em!

It’s ready to go! Will age well also.

Like TooOld said, we’re 30 minutes in, and 2/3s of the wooters are >25 woots, 90% are > 1 year wooters, and more than 1 out of 6 woots are for the max 3 woots. Probably doesn’t count the double-down folks with “a friend” going in for 3 as well.

Yes! :slight_smile:

In for a six pack. I never pass up a TC offering.

Well, how else are you going to play on “Build Yer Own Vertical” night at Wine.Woot!?

And Thanks, Ty, for stopping by. Woot! On!

Wonder how fast it’s gonna sell out…

I’m greatly intrigued by all the positive notes, but it doesn’t sound ready to drink. My question is how long am I going to have to cellar this until it is in optimal drinking range. I already have so many pricey bottles that I have to sit on (looking at the calendar while biting my nails) I’d prefer to come to woot for more of a great deal, ready to drink selection.

Son of a… my wine racks are overstocked already but I am still in for one. Heard enough good stuff from the veterans that I’m not going to miss my chance to try this for the first time and see what all the fuss is about;-)

Anyone wanna make bets on how early in the morning this will sell out? I’m guessing before lunchtime, I’ll go 12pm EST…

I have been a wine.woot regular for over 4 years and have always managed to miss the Ty Caton offerings due to some bit of bad luck or another - not letting this one pass me by! In early so I don’t miss out basedsimply upon the ravings of pretty much EVERYONE. Thank you WD and Ty Caton!

Mmmmm, love Ty Caton wines! In for 6! :slight_smile:

For those who have never tried any of Ty Caton’s wines and are unsure, do not pass this up. If you like red wine, you will not be disappointed!

I originally agreed with you, but the comments suggest that drinking now vs. holding is a question of “really good” vs. “better.” As an enabler, I must recommend buying enough now to experience both :slight_smile:

When we were at the Ty tasting room in December, they had just released these a week or so earlier. It was the best wine we tasted there other than the TyTanium. It was so good that the tasting room guy (what’s the official name for that?) said he thought it was so good that it was priced too low. We bought a couple bottles fearing we wouldn’t see it again, but hoping it would show up here. Yay! Although where the heck will I store as many as I may end up buying?! It certainly seemed ready enough when we tasted it. In short - IT IS GOOD STUFF!

For those wondering how this is compared to the 2008, we rated the 2008 we tasted there a G+ and this 2009 at VG+, with TyTanium earning a VG++. Take a look at the difference in the blends. This vintage has much less Cabernet (6% compared to 22% in the 2008) and the addition of 6% Petite Sirah in the 2009 really makes a difference.

Autobuy, in for 3. Had a bottle of the '08 last week and it was very delicious (no notes, I suck at that stuff, sorry).

Ow Ow, stop twisting my arm.

Actually, I foresee a number of empty bottles lying next to the fire pit this summer. Guess I’m in.

Always happy to help a fellow wooter in distress :slight_smile:

you took the words right out of my mouth!

I’ll add to those stats. In for 3. Don’t even have to think about it.

In for 3. Its getting pretty warm in FL. Dont like getting shipments cross country in the heat of summer.

I’m a relatively new member but I see Ty Caton mentioned almost ad-nauseum by the community so I was pretty stoked tonight when I saw this offering. In for 2. I hope it lives up to the hype :wink: