Ultimate Mosquito Killer and Pest Control LED Bulbs -4Pk

Wow, the claims this product makes are about as scientifically accurate as your crazy cousin’s anti-vaccine Facebook rants.

Vents don’t magically create air pressure. The air has to be sourced from somewhere. And that “somewhere” is the return vent, around which negative pressure is created. Hence the positive pressure in the “porch door room” causes air to cycle towards the return vent, not out the door as you think.

By the way - these bug zapper lights are effective for keeping elephants out of your back yard.
[/quote]

Hmmmm…I thought it was gorillas.

So true! My neighbor has a zapper and I have never seen an elephant run thru his yard. :wink:

So I’m looking to get this to keep gnats and flys out of my house as well as kill the few that have already made their way in. Does anyone know if these will work for that? Luckily I don’t have much of a mosquito problem so I’m not bothered that they won’t work for them.

I thought Mr Hoover created the vacuum

I thought Mr Hoover created the vacuum

Where I live I’m pretty sure it’s very effective against fairies. In all the years I’ve been living here haven’t seen a single fairy.

Mr. Dyson created the expensive vacuum.

he’s only crazy because without the vaccine, he contracted that one disease that we’d almost totally eradicated through vaccinations and the disease has the side effect of making people lose their minds.

If a mosquito is killed by this light, it would be by accident. I live in Houston, TX, which is undergoing a big bloom in mosquitoes after all the rains. The only way to mitigate them (you’ll never truly eliminate them) is to walk your yard and make sure there’s ZERO standing water. We found mosquitoes breeding under our bushes under the leaves that were retaining moisture days after rains. We found a bucket that I turned upside down to avoid collecting water… collecting water in the rim underside and breeding mosquitoes. Also check your gutters… holy crap they love gutters. Unless you have a perfectly maintained gutter system, you’ll have leaves in there and, therefore, standing water. Worst of all, those bastards are protected up high and under your completely-ineffective leaf guards. Corrugated drain pipes also hold residual water after rain storms, so clear those out or place mosquito “dunks” in them. After all that, you still need to spray either Cutter or Off backyard pre-treat to keep the numbers low. And you’ll still get bit after all that, but much less than if you did nothing. This light is a cruel joke. You’ll kill a bunch of totally harmless, beneficial moths and the occasional unlucky mosquito.

Wrong. You need to do some research. While they can detect octoenol, CO2 is a major attractant. cpA neurons have receptors that specifically binds to CO2. Are you saying the National Institutes of Health. Univ of California, Riverside and Univ of Wisconsin’s mosquito lab are wrong?

While their study found that CO2 traps attract mosquitoes, it found them ineffective in preventing bites
http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/mosquitosite/preventing-mosquito-bites/carbon-dioxide-baited-mosquito-traps/

These do kill bugs, however, the cheap plastic they are made of expands when it heats up and the whole thing tries to fall apart. I wouldn’t buy these again.