Ultraloq Bluetooth/Fingerprint Smart Lock

Ultraloq Bluetooth/Fingerprint Smart Lock

Well, I bought one.
After much back and forth with customer service over many months due to the fingerprint function being erratic to not working at all- note that there is NO response, not a bad read, nothing at all.
Their last correspondence was for me to video tape how I set it up. I’ve yet to do so.
It’s worked maybe twice in the last three months.
It seems to work poorly in cold weather.

Overall the best electronic lock for the price.

For the price I am super happy with this lock. Easy installation, especially compared to some similar locks. Set up was fairly quick and easy as well. Easily as good as ones that cost well over the cost of this one. The app took a minute to get used to but I rarely need to check the access log so I don’t use the app much at all. It’s nice to have now and then, however. There are the rare occasions where my fingerprint will take 2 or even 3 tries (which is rare) but those are either because I have dirt or moisture from holding a drink or even a minute amount of sweat I’ve discovered or when the sun is at certain angles. Usually a wipe of the finger and another try gets it. For the sun I just cover the scanner with a cupped hand and that gets it. If my finger has a papercut or is peeling some it just usually won’t read it.

I’ve had quite a few electronic locks, from homeowner to commercial types that cost many times what this does. I am pleased with this one, other than one that was like $500 this is the best one I’ve had. All electronic locks have issues and can be quirky, usually due to some environmental things. I’ve used this one quite a bit and it works better than I expected based on price. I recommend this product for an affordable electronic locking door handle.

If the temperature and lighting are close to the same when it was set up, it seems to work fine.
Otherwise erratic at best.
I still haven’t video taped me setting it up. It’s become sort of a thing I suppose. I’ve been doing electronics and robotics for over 60 years and it sort of feels like just because I’m female, I can’t follow instructions.
That and they ask me the questions that I’ve already answered.