Ultraloq Bluetooth Smart Lock

Ultraloq Bluetooth Smart Lock

Perfectly designed to block a deadbolt hole!

A standard installation will indeed block the deadbolt hole, yes. However you can switch the door lock and deadbolt position and put this door lock where the deadbolt was located.

I have tried many different electronic locks on my house, rental properties and my parents house over the years. This one has proven to be my favorite. It’s not the least expensive option out there but it provides the most flexible security platform and feedback loop. One finger access or shake your phone (utilizing their app) as you approach the lock, programmed code, remote access via Wi-Fi gadget or even a key will unlock this puppy. That’s serious flexibility there

Ultralock sells a Wi-Fi gadget now that links your lock to the internet, allowing you to control the lock from anywhere (assuming that you have working Wi-Fi where the lock is located). In addition to being able to control the lock, you can program it for specific access or deny access to specific program codes you’ve entered. When you create an access code, you can assign different codes to different people and therefore can keep track of who has gone in and out of your property via that code. This has proven invaluable to me with my rental property! When the maintenance guy says he went in to my unit and fixed something … you can verify if this is true or not. I determined that on more than one occasion, I was being billed for work that was never done … because no one entered the dang property. I shudder to think how many times I’ve been ripped off in the past this way.

So yea, you can install it to cover the deadbolt or you can swap locations or they (amazon or hardware store) sell a metal cover plate to cover the hole left.

I’ve gone through more than a dozen electronic lock systems and I’m done experimenting with different ones. This is the only lock I’lll buy now.

Just food for thought from a very happy Ultralock customer. I got my first lock while this was still a kickstarter product and do not regret it one bit. I own and use 5 of these locks now and recommend them to everyone. Lastly, the installation is crazy easy and they provide templates to ensure you don’t screw it up. It really can be installed in less than 10 minutes … after you get your old lock off … which was the most time consuming part of all of my installations… except for the time I dropped a screw down INSIDE my door. I thought I was going to have to take the door off and turn it upside down to shake the screw out…but instead used a telescoping magnetic want and plucked it out.

6 Likes

looks like this one is compatible with Homekit

Any other feedback?

What happens if the battery goes weak or dies?

Does this work with Amazon Alexa?

I have this one. The fingerprint reader is really hit and miss. My wife’s theory is that once the reader fails four times, the lock figures that you must be really serious and just lets you in.

First try: almost never. Second try: usually. Third try occasionally. Fourth try: go ahead and type in a code.

Sent as “new” and the handle color doesn’t match the unit color.

Uhm, uh-oh. Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Thanks. I messaged support to see if they would have any handles, like if someone sent a unit back or something. I figured that would be a no go.

Trying the manufacturer now. I sure hope they can send some handles. I don’t want to send the unit back, because I drilled the hole for “extra security” before I realized the mismatch. If I put the old lock on, then I will have a hole in the door :grimacing: Something to look for before anyone else makes that mistake.

For people looking to buy this in the future, U-tec refuses to fix their packing problem. I’d recommend staying away.

Edit: they changed their minds when I asked them if they were going to buy me a new door because of their companies negligence.

If you continue to have issues with them, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.