Ultraloq UL3 Fingerprint &Touchscreen Smart Lock

No deadbolt support, eh? All the side view pictures look like it doesn’t have a spot for a two-hole door.

Thank you for your interest in Ultraloq.

Although Ultraloq is a latch lock, according to our customer survey, more than 50% install Ultraloq on their front door.

Ultraloq doesn’€™t cover the deadbolt hole completely if you would like replace your existing deadbolt and knob / lever.

However, there is a quick solution. What most customers do is a swap - install Ultraloq on the top hole and put the existing deadbolt on the lower hole.

If there is no existing deadbolt or you want to remove your deadbolt, most of them will get this accessory in Lowes or Home Depot to cover the top or lower hole, depending on which hole you install Ultraloq.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gatehouse-Satin-Nickel-Entry-Door-Reinforcer/3407902

There is an Amazon review for your information. This customer installed Ultraloq on the lower hole. You also have the option to install it on the top hole and put the plate on the lower hole.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1V20VA6ONLTIP/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01ILD4I3C&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=502394&store=photo

Hope this helps!

Purchased two of these. Basically unable to use them when installed on outside door. You cannot read the keypad unless dark outside. Even when overcast you cannot read. If it is not dark outside and need to open we have to make a tent with a towel in order to see keypad. Have placed problem tickets with U-tec and no results. Very Unhappy with product considering the cost.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your unsatisfactory experience with our product and service. We are taking every action possible to make sure that this problem is rectified and we are able to provide the best solution possible to your inconveniences.

As requested by our technical team, please do us a favour and send pictures of the lighted keypad to support@u-tec.com. We will do whatever we can to solve your problem as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience as we have caused you. Once again, please be reassured that it is our goal to make you happy.

Meanwhile, I will keep on following up with our technical team to make sure that your ticket is processed in high priority after we get your pictures.

I am looking for a front door knob that I can lock the same on both sides. I want a code or fingerprint to HAVE to be used to get in & out!

Could I install on the same door a smart lock outside then the same one on the inside?

If someone breaks in, I want then trapped in my house.

Since that’s not how it’s intended to be used, I suggest you contact the company directly.