Unable to update email address

I’m unable to update my email address associated with my woot! account. I keep getting “password problem” and I’m not able to submit a Customer Service report.

Why do these hings happen on the weekends? grr I think you can still email support@woot.com. Maybe @Narfcake is around and can give a better answer.

Alas, such is way beyond what I can do as a VolMod. Staff should be able to followup on this situation by tomorrow, though.

Hi there. Email support@woot.com.

Tell them both the old email address and the new email address. The CS manager can make the change for you. She’s out until Wednesday though.

if you don’t hear back by about Thu-Fri, let me know.

So I got a message from “system” wanting to know if notify-amzn1.account.RandomLettersAnd Numbers@woot.com is my email. Um…no, but it won’t let me change it @ThunderThighs

Correct. We don’t give out your email address to the company that does our forums due to customer privacy. So we created a random email to act as a go-between for the forums and customer data. When we enable it, the forums will be able to send you emails if you desire. Not sure when that will be.

Why does system want to know if it is correct? Am I being hacked? When I try to change it it says “You are not permitted to view the requested resource.”

Because emails are currently bouncing. And no, you can’t change that email because you’d mess everything up. We can’t let you put your real email in there because we’re responsible for your data when it’s on our site.

I’ve disabled emails to see if that will fix it.

Update: Oh yeah, I tried to disable it once before and it puts a big banner at the top of the forums. Just ignore it.

1 Like

Me? Mes everything up? Nawww, never :sweet_smile:

I thought emails were turned off a long time ago. I haven’t received any forum mail since maybe a few at the beginning.

Hence me saying “when we enable them…”

Why did system decide just to randomly wake up today and ask me? Although I like system, I don’t “like” like it so why is it stalking me?

I don’t know.

1 Like

Oh, hey, thanks! Say, hows your day going? Is just another day at the office? Are you having a good day? How about that weather outside, it’s nice a cool and sunny here.

Working from home today due to the long hours of a woot-off. Sunny outside but alas, I see it only through a window.

1 Like