Under Desk Elliptical by FitDesk

It is designed to be used while sitting. I’m fairly confident it would fail if you tried to use it while standing up. Also, the angle your feet would need to be at would be very uncomfortable.

I thought this was a new Star Wars droid: C-Cardio.

Maybe you can attach it to a recalled hoverboard and really get into trouble.

I’ve owned this for about 7 months and use it on a regular basis at work. It is quite long, so make sure your desk has the depth, has a cutout, or you are prepared to sit further back from your desk.

Like many, I was concerned about my knees hitting my desk, but after using it, I can assure you that it isn’t nearly as bad as one may think. The pedals move in a way that limits the vertical travel to about 2 inches in a full cycle. Think of an oval on its side where the majority of the movement is in and out rather than up and down.

I really like having the display remotely placed on top of my desk, it allows me to see how long and how far I’ve pedaled as well as the total distance, I’m a little skeptical on the accuracy of the calories though.

I bought mine used, and I’m pretty sure it is the first version. I’ve taken the plastic case apart to limit the clanking it makes, but my coworkers haven’t complained regardless. (I work in an open cubicle with 3 others)

I’ve recommended this to my friends, so if you’re on the fence, just do it. I did, and I love it.

So… what prevents someone in an office chair that has wheels from simply pushing him/herself out instead of pedaling, at each push of the feet? If the resistance is so low that you do NOT push yourself back, is it even worth it?

And therein lies the rub. Unless you are moving your body weight, any activity you do in a seated position, has minimal exercise or aerobic value. You’d be better off walking to the water fountain every hour.

And yes, don’t expect to sit comfortably and get any work or reading done, as you will be continually re-positioning this as it slides away from your chair.

These are on sale here for a reason.

If you look at the pictures, the foot massage bar can also be used to hold one of your chair casters.

Nope. These babies are brand new from the factory, so they were not part of the first manufacturing run.

Why a limit of 2? I would have liked to buy 3 :frowning:

Can anyone verify whether this actually does anything for you in terms of fitness? It seems like the perfect exercise machine–workout while you work. But I’m having a hard time believing that it actually makes any kind of difference.

I got one - sit way to much and with winter finally arriving don’t feel like bundling up for a quick walk every hour or so.

I figure this is a cheap way to see how moving a little while working…errr works out. If I like it then will move this to the home office and order a walking treadmill desk.

Anyone who thinks the only health benefit you can get from movement is by breaking a sweat and getting your heart rate up is a bit wrong…while that is optimal…low impact movement is still beneficial

There has to be some benefit from moving ones legs. With all the reports of sitting too long being bad for you even a microscopic improvement should be possible with this device. I am all sunshine and rainbows on this being better than sitting still for hours on end. No evidence that there is a real benefit though.

I believe so, as the company has a desk extension that makes a desk you sit at, a standing desk. They state that the standing desk extension can be used with the elliptical trainer.

Their site.

Or Image link here.

Can this thing be secured, like to my desk with a bike cable, if I want to leave it in-place and not be bothered with setting it up and putting it away each day? My work area is fairly secure but I’d like to minimize the temptation factor.

You might be interested in this http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000VICRO8/ref=gbps_img_s-3_0842_429ccfca?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2338600842&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SC5WQ4N41WHF6T55C1H.

portable!! like a colostomy bag!!

If you pay for it, i will buy 2 and send you 1. :slight_smile:

These are to expensive for me, though, it would be much more convenient than getting out of my chair and onto the bike. Some years i get into the inside bike thing, some years i don’t. This would likely be easier to use.

I still wonder if i’d use it though. I’d love to borrow one for a while and see. On it’s own, for me, right now, it’s too expensive a gamble.

Does anyone know how this compares with the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer?..i.e. range of motion, effectiveness, durability?

What is the length of the display cord?

I got this previously and it’s great. I walk daily but the one or two times a year when there’s lightning and I’d rather not die I use this instead.

There’s no issues with your knees hitting the desk.

The computer seems accurate also as it matches my watch when I set it to an elliptical workout.