Unfair to people in the west!

I have a “suggestion”!

I would like to suggest that new items appear at NOON each day and not at “midnight.” Thos eof us on the west coast are almost asleep when they appear (as are most people in the east), but the right coast people are 4 hours ahead of those of us getting up in the morning, so we on the left coast have almost no chance at all to get the very popular items in the morning.

By starting at noon, EVERYONE is awake (except the people who work at night, but then again, that will teach them!) and everyone has a fair chance at the very popula and cool item.

Eh?

[quote user=“orubin”]I have a “suggestion”!

I would like to suggest that new items appear at NOON each day and not at “midnight.” Thos eof us on the west coast are almost asleep when they appear (as are most people in the east), but the right coast people are 4 hours ahead of those of us getting up in the morning, so we on the left coast have almost no chance at all to get the very popular items in the morning.

By starting at noon, EVERYONE is awake (except the people who work at night, but then again, that will teach them!) and everyone has a fair chance at the very popula and cool item.

Eh?[/quote]

I think the whole point of woot is to be available to the people willing to stay up for it. It’s like a reward for not sleeping. The people on the east coast have to wait until 1am so if anything is unfair about timing it’s unfair to them. If you want something that bad you stay up until woot time (whether it’s 10, 11, 12, or 1) don’t complain about something being sold out in the morning, if you need it that bad physically go buy it in a store or find another deal on the net. Go to sleep earlier or set an alarm to go off at woot time then go back to sleep. I think this site has enough people sacrificing sleep and other things to keep it going. People are always whining about the time. If you don’t like it go somewhere else, I don’t think it will change any time soon.

I’ll have to second cereal_killer on this one. If the midnight central timing is unfair to anyone, it is the east coast crowd. You complain about the east coasters being able to wake up and get woots earlier in the morning, but you’ve overlooked one vital fact: if a woot item is really good, it will sell out in a matter of minutes at which point it doesn’t matter where you live – if you wait until morning on either coast, you will miss the woot. This then brings us back to how one does get a woot: by staying up late. Therefore orubin, you should count yourself as being blessed with a 10pm woot time instead of a 1am one.

And just for the record, I’m willing to bet good money (or at least a BOC or three) that if --theoretically – woot did change the woot time to 12 noon instead of 12 midnight, we would also have a whole host of people complaining about not being able to get to woot until after work, and thus missing out on the best woots because of the time zone in which they live. You just can’t win either way, so I say why mess with the system if it isn’t really broken.

[quote user=“Turken”]I’ll have to second cereal_killer on this one.
[/quote]

Third, and I’m in California.

Here’s a question - how many items have ever sold out between sunrise on the east coast and sunrise on the west coast?
I’m willing to bet the number is insignificant

Out here where the wooting hour occurs at ten PM we are so advantaged it’s not even funny. Anyone who can’t be on their computers at ten should probably beg their mommies for a later bedtime. In the OP’s own words “that will teach them!”

Ok children, everyone point at orubin and laugh.

I think the whole point of woot is to be available to the people willing to stay up for it. It’s like a reward for not sleeping. The people on the east coast have to wait until 1am so if anything is unfair about timing it’s unfair to them. If you want something that bad you stay up until woot time (whether it’s 10, 11, 12, or 1) don’t complain about something being sold out in the morning, if you need it that bad physically go buy it in a store or find another deal on the net. Go to sleep earlier or set an alarm to go off at woot time then go back to sleep. I think this site has enough people sacrificing sleep and other things to keep it going. People are always whining about the time. If you don’t like it go somewhere else, I don’t think it will change any time soon.

I’ll have to second cereal_killer on this one. If the midnight central timing is unfair to anyone, it is the east coast crowd. You complain about the east coasters being able to wake up and get woots earlier in the morning, but you’ve overlooked one vital fact: if a woot item is really good, it will sell out in a matter of minutes at which point it doesn’t matter where you live – if you wait until morning on either coast, you will miss the woot. This then brings us back to how one does get a woot: by staying up late. Therefore orubin, you should count yourself as being blessed with a 10pm woot time instead of a 1am one.

And just for the record, I’m willing to bet good money (or at least a BOC or three) that if --theoretically – woot did change the woot time to 12 noon instead of 12 midnight, we would also have a whole host of people complaining about not being able to get to woot until after work, and thus missing out on the best woots because of the time zone in which they live. You just can’t win either way, so I say why mess with the system if it isn’t really broken.

Third, and I’m in California.

Here’s a question - how many items have *ever * sold out between sunrise on the east coast and sunrise on the west coast?
I’m willing to bet the number is insignificant

Out here where the wooting hour occurs at ten PM we are *so * advantaged it’s not even funny. Anyone who can’t be on their computers at ten should probably beg their mommies for a later bedtime. In the OP’s own words “that will teach them!”

Ok children, everyone point at orubin and laugh.