Uniden 3-Camera Indoor-Outdoor Wireless Security System

Does anyone know just how safe it is to put these outside? I mean can they actually survive the weather? I am actually tempted to buy it as it seems someone or a group has taken it upon themselves to vandalize the neighborhood. Few nights ago a rock smashed through my living-room window at 3AM. As well as causing other destruction elsewhere at seemingly random nights.

If it not these does anyone know a better set?
I would love to catch the little bastard/s on camera if they come around again.

BEWARE

The new Uniden UDW20055 Wireless Video Surveillance System is only $221.45.

You complain a lot for someone with 1 buy and 11 posts.Just go on to bed…the BOC wont be up over night.

Used to work with cameras like these in retail when I did loss prevention. If you stick them outside, avoid direct sunlight. That seemed to kill more cameras than anything (and given they are black, that probably won’t help these in extremely sunny situations).

You are an “ASS”{

No, that one is hidden in the toilet bowl.

Yeah, they cost about 99 cents to $7 on eBay.

$7 example
99 cent example
Dome example

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mFYYhkXA9u10XyUWtkDZDJw/140.jpg

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mbZVGv7AW2YFlKzFuzH7_2w/140.jpg

Free speach is still allowed and I actually think the posting is correct; you whine too much. Perhaps we should all go to winew00t and then sip and relax.

Cool story bro.

Of my last 6 posts that I can view, that one was my only complaint, although one could be argued as a complaint.

Nice contradictory statement though, I complain a lot for someone with 11 posts, clearly I do quite a bit of talking and all of it is complaining. You’re right.

I think 2-3 out of 11 of my posts have been complaints, so congratulations, you got me. Personally don’t care about the BoC, was just hoping for something fun or cool to pop up on woot like it used to, but no dice so far from this entire wootoff.

Yeah, they cost about 99 cents to $7 on eBay.

$7 example
99 cent example

Thanks…and I’m having a drink right now so it’s ‘bottoms up’ to your reply about the real camera location in the bowl.

The one good thing about woot off killers, is that I don’t have to worry much while I’m at work…

I just put up signs that say MY DOGS ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE LETHAL FORCE ON TRESPASSERS.

They’re pretty safe as long as they;re not exposed to extreme conditions, i.e. constant direct sunlight, drenching rain, constant icing, etc. I believe the CCD or CMOS sensor needs to be reasonably warm to work. According to the description, the “Operating Temperature: – 10° C (+ 14° F) to + 50° C ( 122° F).”

As for sun, you can try shielding them with a tent made of aluminum foil. And putting them in a clear plastic bag to protect them from rain (rubber band the bag taut over the lens so that there will be no distortion).

More of a concern is vandalism. If they’re exposed, vandals can easily smash them.

Guess I can find out whose been stealing the pink flamingos now! And who the drunks are that carried my plant pot halfway down the street…

Great info. I was considering buying this set-up as a gift for my brother; he’s building a new home in a somewhat remote and wooded area.

Yeah, it’s kinda hard to pay attention to Woot when you’re struttin’ the streets of NYC in a miniskirt and stilettos. :slight_smile: