Anyone know if you buy two sets, can you display all 4 cameras on the two monitors?
Yes - each display can link with up to 4 cameras.
I should have asked the question a little different.
Each camera only pairs with one monitor. Was looking to have both monitors pair the same four cameras to have a second monitor on another floor of the house. Was planning to use this as a baby monitor for two rooms…
If anyone has a trick to get the cameras to pair to multiple monitors, please let me know. Thanks!
Here’s the reply from the vendor:
*I’m not sure. There is a pairing process that you have to do with each camera and the display. It seems unlikely that you could pair the same camera to a new display without the camera losing the connection to the first display. Perhaps by setting up the Uguad app they could set up the other monitor as a secondary display. If not, they can use the Uguard app and view the cameras on their iOS or Android device. This info is available in the user’s guide PDF here.
Uniden’s U Guard app lets you view live video from an iPhone®, iPad®, or AndroidTM smartphone or tablet. Download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play. Separate instructions are provided for iOS and Android operations if needed; however, only Android app screens are shown. The iOS app screens are very similar.
SET UP THE U GUARD APP
- Connect the UDR744 HD monitor to your router using the Ethernet cable included with your system. Turn on the monitor.
- From your mobile device, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play. Search for the Uniden U Guard app. Download and install this app to your device.
- Tap the icon to launch the app; tap Click here to add device to add your system information to the app. The Add Device screen displays. 40
- Enter the UID code from your UDR744 HD monitor in the UID field. There are four ways to do this: ● If your smartphone or tablet is in the same network as the monitor, tap SCAN from the Add Device screen. ● Tap General Settings/Network Setup/Information to display the Network Information screen. The UID code is the last item on the screen; manually enter this code. ● Manually enter the UID code from the label on the back of the monitor. ● Scan the QR code on the label on the back of the monitor. The UID code now displays on the Add Device screen.
- Enter a name for your system in the Name field.
- Enter the default password (000000).
- Tap OK. The U Guard Camera List screen displays a listing for your system with a screen shot from your monitor.*
Hope that helps, some!