Unsung Heroes: Central Coast Reds

Awesome, WD. Thanks for the adjustment. Trying to decide 2 or 3. Am really excited to get this.

10/5: Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson +2

I absolutely can compare

These are NOTHING like the talluah BMR Syrah. These do not have a dense grapey profile dominated by black fruit.

These are meatier, brighter. Here… I’ll post what SWMBO and I noted on the 2003 we had with a late lunch.

McClean Syrah 2003

Noted at 1hr

Color: dark dark red (not purple)

Nose: he says: roast pork with cherry compote. She says dates, stuffed with cheese and wrapped with honeyed bacon. He agrees but with not much smoke on the bacon. The nose is persistent and reasonably strong.

Palate: very ripe plum, baking spices, a bit of black cherry, racy acidity. She says: it is like those but it is NOT as heavy as those may seem. He agrees and adds that the plum is bright and the baking spices tend to cinnamon and allspice rather than clove. The acidity is fantastic and keeps you wanting more. There is a finish that develops more and more with time. He says: Carmel mocha cream. Not heavy but very lasting. She says: it is Carmel first, a creamy feel and a touch of mocha but mainly caramel. Exceptionally long finish.

In review: these aren’t your typical new world syrahs. They are different but fantastic and EASILY worth $25 a bottle from my experience with the 03 and 07. I’d be on the fence at $35.

I’ll almost certainly be in for another set or two. Oh also, I don’t think that even the 03 will die anytime soon. There were still a few tannins and enough fruit flavor to keep it for a few years

Sadly our 2004 has been sold out for quite some time. We just recently found a few more cases in the cellar that were misplaced and decided to bring them back on. We didn’t do a 2006 and 2008, 2009 and 2011 are all still in the barrels cooking up something fierce. Harvest for 2012 will commence next week so that will be out in awhile too.

As far as drinkability, 2003 and 2005 are amazing at the moment. Let breath for about 10/15 minutes and sit back, put the feet up and enjoy!

Seriously? You lowered it to $50??? You’re killing me. I almost have to go in for another 2 sets now.

What can I say?! We aim to please :slight_smile:

Was in for one set…In for another now…Will make NY brighter!

Done…

Last Wooter to Woot:
bobrush12866

I can also be convinced to buy more as long as it is before midnight…

How about throwing in an option to buy an 04 from those cases you found?..I mean, you didn’t know you had them anyway!

Ah you guys are wonderful!!

And not to scare any of you (well perhaps just a little) but we gave Woot the rest of our 2003. We only had a few cases left and we decided to give it all to Woot to bundle it for this incredible deal. So here it is folks…the last of the great mohicans!

a 9 year aged Paso syrah… I’m keeping whatever’s left. (oops. I said that with my outside voice, didn’t I…)

I picked up the mcclean offer last time and split it. So I ended up withe the 03’ and the Viognier.
Neither of which I have tried yet. But with the price reduction I have to go in for a set and keep all of them this time. Unless Kyle wants to take one off of my hands.

Thanks wine.woot

Haha you might have to arm wrestle some people for those. Or perhaps a game of rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock…

Not a bad idea!! Perhaps we can put something together with the 2004. But before midnight huh? We try to discourage turning into pumpkins…I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

Just raided your website for 2 of the 04’s just in case. You can always send a partial refund back to my PP account if you want.

Not sure woot can move that quickly!

Awe you are fantastic. I’m actually sipping on the 2004 as I type! It honestly gets better and better the more it breaths. Going to go amazing with the bolognese brewing on the stove…

I believe what you should have said was that I was a fanatic! Hey you can always send a few bucks back to my PayPal account on those! Hint! Hint!

Ah, 2007 'Round Midnight. This is always my favorite red blend. This wine is such a great food wine with depth and dark fruit. Yummy!

Welcome Vines on the Marycrest! Love the Round Midnight GSM blend!

I really liked the 2010 Cilla’s Blend that I had. It had had some nice juicy fruits, with a hint of oak. I think it was fruity in a good way, it was pretty smooth and easy to drink. Definitely a good everyday wine.

I also got a full load of the McClean Syrah that was on here previously. The 2005 is awesome. Nobody can hold me back from buying 4 sets this time!

Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson (+2). Thanks again for the price reduction.

FYI: the price on their website for the '04 is $25. Lot18 has it now for $30. So a good deal to get it through the winery.