uNu iPhone 4/4S Battery Case

Bought the $8.99 one on deal woot last week…Works like a charm…

Is there any chance that this works with the iPhone 3GS?

I bought the white one from Woot during one of the previous offerings. It is is shiny and slippery and does not fit my iOttie One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder that I bought from Amazon. Not sure if the black one is thinner.

However, the battery charges my phone about 75%, which is just what I need to make it through the day. So I am good.

In for 2!

Let me understand the genius of Apple. They continue to make their phones thinner, so people are forced to buy battery cases, which in turn, make the original phone 2-3 x thicker? It’s all about marketing and looking pretty.

Does the top of the case restrict headphones from fitting well? My otterbox makes it impossible for me to put an aux cord in the headphone jack.

Well, it depends on what you need out of the battery life. I got one of these but don’t normally use it - the phone looks better without a case, and you’re right that it’s thicker and heavier.

For me, the battery in the phone works fine for a day of heavy use or a day and a night of light to normal use. If I’m going to be using it heavily from eight a.m. to midnight (e.g. at a conference) without a chance to recharge it, though, it won’t be able to make it. I’m willing to accept a hit in weight and size in exchange for easily making it the whole time.

I ordered one last time it was on woot, and love the extra charge it gave my phone. The only issues I have since it has the micro connector, I have to take it out of the case to use with my add on’s like my US spec,
or other stuff using the std Apple connector. Other then that, a great deal at this price.

No problem that I seen, there is a nice opening around the plug to allow most adapters.

OK- I’ll be upfront with you. I’m a total Android person, but under no circumstance would I ever want Apple to disappear. I think that the more competition there is, the more potential there is to drive innovation on products. Having said that- I think everyone is guilty of making their phones too thin at the expense of their battery life. The newest examples of this are the Galaxy SIII on the android side and the new Iphone 5. There is nobody that is completely satisfied with battery life that is a phone “power” user whether you are talking Android or Apple. With the larger screens, 4G LTE and the multicore, higher clocked processors the power demand goes up as the battery gets thinner. Sure the surface area may increase, but the fact that the battery is thinner means the net capacity is about the same 1440 mAh vs 1430 mAh for the Iphone 4s. Both Android and Apple will claim that their phones hardware and software wise are becoming more efficient- this is still deceiving because there is more gadgetry added that offsets any efficiency improvements. Bottom line is that whether you are an Android use or Apple user, and you actually use you smart phone, you would be more than happy to exchange a 2-3 mm in thickness to compensate for longer battery life.

I have the Black Case, it does add bulk & weight but not so much that it won’t fit in my pocket. I just used it as my primary case for 2 weeks while traveling. What was nice was I never worried about battery life once. I had several times I went 2 days on one charge. To me the weight, bulk, & texture add to the iPhone not a distraction’ the iPhone 4 is hard to hold without a case.

I’ll add that charging both from dead unu case & 20% iPhone will take more than a nights sleep. So I separate them & charge both in 4-6 hrs.

Only for iPhone 4 & 4s, not for 3 or 3gs. Not sure on iTouch, certain it wouldn’t work on 1st or 3rd gen iTouch.

The one listed on Groupon is a 2400mAh case and this one is 1700mAh.

Woot, how about some Samsung Galaxy swag for those of us who prefer any other kind of fruit?

Thanks for all that information! :slight_smile:

I bought this deal months ago on Woot, and while using this case I dropped my iPhone from about waist level - The upper left-hand corner of my screen cracked and the casing itself began its process of slowly falling apart.

I ended up putting my iPhone back into my Otter Box, and I have purchased a more expensive backup battery-case solution for emergencies only.

My two cents.

Agreed. Fear of being overtaken in the market is an excellent motivator.

Also agreed. I wonder how many other consumers feel the same way. Are the manufacturers making what most people want, and we’re just the odd ones out?

No

But it won’t work with the iPhone 5, keep that in mind!

Signed,

A Frustrated Tech Wannabe

The top piece of mine is broken after 3 drops, I emailed customer service, and they sent me 2 top pieces. This power case can’t compete with otterbox for durability, but it can take a hit though.

I also like the fact there are someone standing behind this solid built product at such an attractive price.

I will hold on for this time, because I will be waiting for the DX for iphone 5…