Updated Design Templates for Artists!

We’ve updated our Photoshop and Illustrator templates to include the three new heather colors and to reflect the new design guidelines mentioned here. Huzzah! We’ll working on getting them posted on both submission pages, but wanted to get them to you all quickly. Happy designing!

Download the New Photoshop Template Here

Download the New Illustrator Template Here

30 Likes

Thanks, Ben!

5 Likes

Would you upload a AI template for older versions?
I’m using CS6 and I cannot open this file.

8 Likes

Sure thing, @benjaminleebates. Here’s a version that should work for CS6.

7 Likes

Upgrade!

3 Likes

Sweet thanks. I’m excited

4 Likes

Is it just me or is the Photoshop template lacking a shirt outline?

8 Likes

The FileThe .PSD file that I received has a bunch of different colors. Do I just pick one? is there a preferred color that I need to design towards too? Reason I ask is some design colors need to change depending on the type of t-shirt color it is printed on, in order to stand out better. Or should I provide two different design, one for warm colors, and one for darker colors? Thanks!

3 Likes

You should be designing with ONE shirt color in mind. This is not a site where the customer can pick the shirt color at check out; like some others and woot rarely print a specific design on more than one color. (usually in the case of a very popular design after years of selling that design)

3 Likes

Noob question: I’m using Photoshop Elements 12.1 (which may be my problem from the beginning). I downloaded the New Photoshop Template, and it opens as a completely black 4500 x 5400 pixel image (15 x 18 inches) at a resolution of 300 pixels/inch. The file consists of two layers, a design layer (which is transparent) and an inaccessible folder layer entitled “Tee Colors”. I’m not sure if I’m seeing exactly what I’m supposed to be seeing for the template. (Does this sound right? Or am I missing something?) I also wonder if you could also post an example – a sample submission, showing how you would like the .PSD file to appear when you receive it? (Not content, of course, but structure. Example: Colors on separate layers, etc.) (Does this make sense???) TIA

6 Likes

When trying to upload, all my files are too big! Any ideas?

3 Likes

Save for web @ 600 x 600 px, 72 px/inch for the Comp and 250 x 250 px, 72 px/inch for the Thumbnail.

3 Likes

thank you!

4 Likes

Can’t seem to get a photoshop file to be small enough to sumbit…help? Submitted a PNG instead in the meantime.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello there @nwhiggins, we suspect this is an Elements issue, but I am going to download and troubleshoot and I will let you know shortly our findings. Do you have access to another version of Photoshop?

When you open the template you should have access to all of the tee layers and you can switch on the color you want and delete all the others to make your submission file smaller. This is where I think the issue lies with Elements, but like I said I’ll test it out and get back to you tomorrow as our team uses Photoshop CC and are not entirely familiar with Elements.

We do prefer to have all colors on separate layers. Here are some other tips you’ll find for prepping your artwork for submission:

4 Likes

Hey there @hmerhardt & @laurapace77 , you can submit the previews as above mentioned by @benjaminleebates (thank you!)

Save for web @ 600 x 600 px, 72 px/inch for the Comp and 250 x 250 px, 72 px/inch for the Thumbnail

To clarify the proess a bit:

For your general submissions, once you’ve submitted your preview through the submission portal, we will review and if selected you will get an email notification to contract the artwork. You can respond to that notification email with your actual size art file so we can start printing!

If you are submitting to the Derby Contest you submit your previews as above to be voted on by the adoring public and send your art file directly to derby@woot.com at the same time. The Derby is much faster paced so we need that artwork right away to get it print ready!

Does this help clarify?

4 Likes

Does it hose anything when opening in GIMP?

3 Likes

I played around a bit and had the same issue, I think its an elements thing!

4 Likes

If you mean your print file for your submission is too big, unlock and delete all the shirt colors you are not using. That cut my file size in half.

3 Likes