US Modular PowerStor 1 Gigabyte Flash Drive/Backup Battery

seems pretty useful for charging the cell phone …i’m in for one

I know… that would make this so much better!

60-day mfr warranty?

"xfer speed seem to be slow
at 4.5 mbps = 4500 kbps or 4500000 bps
a 100MB file is = 104857600 bytes or 838860800 bits
which will take 838860800 / 4500000 = 186.4135111 seconds to xfer

so 3 minutes for 100 MB file…hmmm…thats like USB 1.1 to me"

Wow thats some fuzzy math… why not divide 100 mb/s by 4.5 mb/s and end up with the true answer which is 22.22 seconds.

I’m in for one. This is awesome!

4.5MBps, not 4.5Mbps…so don’t need to x8.

Sounds suspiciously like a U3 like substance. :cringe:
The best thing about AutoRun is that it can be disabled. Ghastly security hole!

In for three…lots of birthdays around this time f the year in my family, so two lucky family members will get one, and I’ll keep one for myself, of course. :slight_smile:

INFO( from website ):

“PowerStor™ is perfect for road trips, hiking, camping and other outings where emergency communication may become necessary. The built-in Lithium-Polymer battery can be used as an emergency backup battery for your cell phone, PDA, GPS, game console, or other portable device. It provides up to 30 minutes of direct cell phone power. The battery can be charged via the USB port on most laptop computers. PowerStor’s high performance Flash memory provides storage for important data that may be required when traveling, or for downloading pictures from your digital camera.”

It’s a 1GB USB Drive and an emergency re-chargeable battery in one.

http://www.usmodular.com/MCE/default/0/product/2267

Marketing Flyer:

http://www.usmodular.com/Content/ProductFiles/PowerStor%20-%20marketing%20slick.pdf

I really want one, but I’m not really sure if it would work with my phone. It says Samsung adapter, but Samsung has at least 4 different tips. So it begs the question of WHICH Samsung tip??

And if this had an easy way of attaching to my badge it would be perfect…data and backup charger could go everywhere w/ me! (My last memory stick had a keyring hole that finally gave way…)

Maybe im missing something… i dont understand where or why you would use this product :-S

if you are complaining about this you better not be using a Mac computer.

Actually it says 4.5MBps wich means 8 times faster than you say, so about 22 seconds for a 100MB file.

It’s a shame… it doesn’t look Mac Air compatible. That’d be perfect for my on-the-go lifestyle. What a shame.

I’m kinda curious… How did Dougie and his friend recharge the battery in the wilderness?

…and where can I get a copy of that Britney/Paris video?? I don’t know any raccoons…

i have a motorola phone and a usb port in my car and no car charger this sounds ecelent to me im in for one shame it dosnt come with an ipod charger thing or a zune one cause i never keep those cables in the car

im shure with a little bit of effort and a drill press you could make a key ring hole in this

seems like DRILLING A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THE DEVICE might have a SLIGHT effect on the over all performance of the device :open_mouth:

Yeah, it now performs with a hole in the side of it.

If you just drilled a hole through the(seemingly) metal outer shell near the end that the USB port folds into, you should be able to attach a keyring without interfering with the operation of the device.

which nokia charger does it have? old thick one or new thin?