US Robotics USB Internet Phone

It works if I have solid wired or wireless network connectivity. It claims to need only 80kbps each way, but lousy call quality if I’m at a hotspot with anything less than an excellent connection.

I’ve been using it for months now, and it’s less flexible than I’d want because I’m mostly limited to wired ethernet connections - regardless of CPU, it’s about clean bandwidth.

It’s very much a beta product, with no real support other than user forums like
http://unofficialmagicjack.forum2u.org/

A rumored software update is rumored for March 2008. (and it’s smaller than a deck of cards - more like a 0.5" thick deck of business cards).

Does it work with Vista?

Not really unless you want to use it with land lines and then the cost is minimal. However peer to peer is free and very easy to set up.

Pray tell, how can u use just a headset? Do you have to subscribe to a service too?
Thanks,BB

opps, thought it would copy post I was asking about…copy—
Chris8907
Feb 6, 2008 1:02 AM [1933732]
interesting, usb headset works just fine for me though

I’d buy one if I could get my sig file to show up, but I can’t, so I woon’t.

Will this work on my Macbook?

love this, but…
not sure this will work with Vonage…
yes, I see the posts, but…
I still thing MagicJack is the way of the future…
just wish i could port my home #…
would prefer not to give it up.

How are you trying to get your sig to work? Did you put your sig on a free site like photobucket? Mine’s thru photobucket. You also need to make the sig as small as possible, or the Moderators will alter the link so it doesn’t work. Remember also you need to use [ IMG ] no spaces - at the start and [ /IMG ] no spaces - at the end of the link to work correctly.

This is a silly, useless paperweight.

The real question here is: does it work with 64-bit processors? The D-link VOIP to regular phone connector I have now requires a 32-bit pc, which means I have to keep an old pc running at all times to get my phone calls.

I bought one, the cellphone coverage at my new rural home is bad, so I use Skype for most of my outgoing calls.

There is a long discution over at WooT about this phone from when they sold this phone last October (for a dollar more)

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1674450

The newest drivers are avalable from

http://www.von-phone.com/support-p8d.php

you’ll get is the free flow of full duplex information. There’s also a pretty blue backlit, high resolution graphical LCD that can display and language or character. Caller ID, missed call display, the current date and time, it’s even plug and play, so you can use it anywhere. Maybe even the moon. Remember when we were going to

anyone else see the misspelling?

look on stootsi.com today they have a better one for $10 more.

it’s a cheap paperweight, too!

no

(12:11 AM) pg5of16 wonders, “Can this be used as a regular microphone?”

No way. I got a quality post. I can die now.

Received the phones 2-14-2008. Work like a charm. The sound quality could be better but this is great for my work pc where some of the non-tech people can now use skype.

Wow…SmartPost really had its way with my box. Torn in half, completely, and re-taped together with scotch tape. Not even packing tape…just regular scotch tape. On top of that, they taped a little sticky note inside the web of scotch tape wih a stamp in large, red letters “RECEIVED IN POOR CONDITION, DENVER POST OFFICE”.

I do not know who to blame, but somebody farked that poor box. Phones seem okay, even though they look like they were smashed pretty hard too…

Is this offer include the Installation CD Rom
and Installation Guide