So, I got two of these new fangled thingys. Used one regularly then around the 3 months mark (coincidence, warranty time frame) it stopped working…, Hmmm. Looked into replacement (that’s when I was told the warranties expired), so I did the next best thing. Reversed engineered and noticed the wires were cheaply connected. BTW, as you move the wand around the wires twists inside the unit and comes apart. Fixed it, added some electrical tape to minimize wire movement and voila, done.
BTW, the Woot Crew were great. Obviously, they can’t control all of the third parties products but they’ll do what they can to assist. Coodies to the Wooties.