V-Touch 16GB Touch Screen Media Player with Bonus Headphones

But seriously, why would anyone get a knock-off ANYTHING when they could just get something that’s equally good and not seem like a cheapskate with an embarassing mp3 player?

how is that UI not an infringement?

A quick write-up on Engadget that might help give some info (also contains a Read link with more info) http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/26/memup-reveals-new-line-of-portable-media-players/

EDIT: Whoops, looks like that’s a different V-Touch. Ignore me. Nothing to see here.

Here are some reviews

Bottom Line:
[list]
[]Don’t expect an iPod or anything that works the same.
[
]You get what you pay for. Cheaper to buy, Cheaper product.
[*]Possibly a good buy if listening to music is the only thing you’re looking for.
[/list]

Seems like a good buy. Other similar stuff on Amazon is either same price but more with shipping or is higher in overall price.

Here’s a link:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=V-Touch+16GB+Touch+Screen+Media+Player+with+Bonus+Headphones+[

will this work with a blackberry?

Here’s the Amazon reviews for the 8GB version. Lots of problems:

Goofus still plays with his Tonka trucks while Gallant gets laid left and right.

is the 6 hour playing time with the backlight staying on

I was going to buy one of these, but then I read all the positive comments and saw the links for lower prices. Thank you woot community!

yikes… we sell these at work, and I see a lot of them come back in returns with dead screens. 80 bucks is a bit too steep for a knock-off like this, better spent on a Sansa if you don’t want to go with an iPod.

The best thing about an iPod is not what it does but that it does it well. Knockoff electronics are only worth buying if they can be bought from the $5 store.

no those are made by apple :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, without many features, such as wifi and games.

no prob mkentosh, thats what us wooters are here for!!! woot ya later!

Don’t even try to buy these. Even I had a 3" version it’s horrible small that I can’t see even if I put it in front of my eyes. Not even mention this is a 2.8". The touch screens on these players are always out of calibration. DON’T BUY!

that two-day snail must have had a seriously spicy dinner! either that, or he’s about to explode. yikes…

It’s not an iPod. I’ve worked with these at work. The GUI isn’t bad, and as much as it pains me to say this, the hardware isn’t on par with the iPod. Expect the chrome plating to fade off the plastic within two months, and NO APPSTORE! Remember that!

lol but needed

V-Touch = Me Won’t Touch