vacuum/brand/cannister or upright/like or not

Gman is in one of those moods tonight. You need to read everything before you hit post, with an eye for double meaning!
Dirty, short, wrinkled old man!

(still don’t believe it, want a full length pic, fully clothed please! Well maybe a beach one to check for wrinkles, I still don’t think you are all that short.

You’re in my thread and didn’t answer my question.

Edit: Get with the program.

I believe AZG is about 5’9"…ish. If I remember correctly. It’s been a looooooong time since he told us.

when I was working at Sears we sold tons of Dysons, I only had one of them returned. We have a dyson animal, it works great. I would get a dyson, if you can afford it, they are a bit expensive.

Like how much?
My old Hoover doesn’t do the job any more.

Saw one at the mall today - $350-ish . . .

That’s kind of a lot for a vacuum cleaner, IMO.
I guess we should check them out though.

They also say its the last Vacuum cleaner you’ll ever buy.

I think ours does a great job, picks up the stuff our other vacuum couldn’t.

Hoover WindTunnel Bagless with onboard powered hand tools.

[link]http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/4117013690073P.JPG[/link]

I love it, but it is heavy to lift. I would buy one similar, but self-propelled.

I use all the hand tools.

I thought Dyson’s were a lot more than that.

Hubby has an Oreck and loves it. I’m not overjoyed by it, but it is light to bring up and down the stairs!The canister vac that came with it has a useless hose, not flexable enough. But it is old, maybe they give you a better one now.

I do not own a vacuum, it belongs to hubby.

We have an Oreck. It is the best vacuum we have ever had since it is lightweight and does a great job picking up everything.

My mom had an Electrolux cannister vac in the 60’s. It was sturdy, made with metal, not as plasticky as the vacs today, and it worked great. It had a tweedy looking hose that wore out and my mom replaced it. I remember using the vac in my first apartment! Don’t know what they are like now.
If I were to buy a vac now I’d buy a Dyson, the one they sell that removes pet hair. I’ve seen some celebs talk about it. Dyson’s are very expensive, but they seem to be worth it.
Right now I only have a hand held Dirt Devil vac cause I got a small carpeted area.

My mom is just now retiring her electrolux like you described. The tweedy-looking hose finally separated in enough places that she can’t duct tape it any longer. Have to tell you, that vacuum still picks up better than the new ones.

a little late on the input but…I love my Beam Central vac…if you can possibly get one installed, do it! You will not regret it!

bump. I have the non self-propelled variety of tonight’s woot & enjoy it. It is heavy. It will cost them a fortune to ship.

In theroy those sound relly good but I never knew if they actualy worked
right now we have a kenmore, The switch broke but i was able to fix it.
before that we had one my grandmother pulled out of somones trash.
Also we have a roomba, it’s nice but the battery died on the old one. (and someone threw it out after i dissasembled it… GIRR, i’m still mad about that, it had some nice parts i could have used)