Valet 9104 4-Sensor Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Display

Dude you’re so old school.

But really 99.99? If my car didn’t do this already I’d sure still not get this. But hey I’m sure someone will buy it.

\

ha ha, yeah, this would only be necessary if tires were so sensitive that they could blow if they were slightly low, but they are surprisingly resilient. I know I know, here comes the sh*t storm about tire safety but seriously, think about how much your tires put up with at even the wrong pressure and they still hold up.

This would be very good for someone who just isn’t mechanically inclined at all. Say my girl friend who never checks anything on her car. I’m gonna think about it through the day.

it’s called leakfrog

Is this secure? Could criminals remotely read my tire pressure? What about Homeland Security?

must cars have this… so if your car shopping right now like myself,they are already installed stock.

the sensor goes on the inside of the tire. You might have to spend a little money getting them installed. Not for your everyday crowd but for the car crazy. If you track they are a good idea.

To much. I wonder what it costs to replace the sender unit when someone rips it off?

Also if the sender breaks, will it keep the pin locked down? Draining all the air out.

Yah - like a standard valve stem. The black portion of the device rides INSIDE the tire - they completely replace your valve stem. You wouldn’t be able to tell if the tire had one of these mounted.

Also, keep in mind that federal regulations are going to require tire pressure monitoring systems on ALL cars sold in the US starting with the 2008 model year. Some of them have it now, but ALL of them will have it starting next year.

hmmm, let’s see. I spend 100 bucks just so the neighborhood teen thief can have some tire pressure monitors? Tempting…but…no!

You guys do realize they go inside the tire, right? You couldn’t steal them. They replace the actual valve stems.

This’ll be standard on every car in a few years - so save yourself the trouble of upgrading to a new vehicle and get this.

Seems ODD, But will save on gas is the pressure is what it should be.

Unless you’re as OCD as the guy in the description, there’s no need to spend 100 bucks just to know what the pressure in the tires are at any given time.

Take an extra two minutes and save yourself 96 bucks by doing it the old fashion way.

America = land of laziness

I’d grab it in about 20,000 miles when I replace my tires for some nice Yokos with 18x8 Enkeis - those deserve a TPMS, but alas, 20,000mi is still a good 8 months away… well, maybe 6-7 with my autocross weekends and whatnot…

hmmmmmmmm…will it work on my bike. No thanks!

Just 4 sensors?
How about one for the spare tire?
Isn’t that one important too?

sensors go inside the tire/wheel, thus the need for professional installation

My car has allready got 1…Good Night!

The big black boxes go inside the tire, if I recall correctly. Tires will need to be dismounted/remounted and balanced.

Great price.

These are handy if you tow a trailer. Multi axle can go flat and you don’t see it/realize it till you’ve shreaded a tire, started a fire or had a catastrophy. Not sure of the range though on this model.

Nice woot, woot. I like it. Debating picking it up.

S