Vector Jump Start System with Air Compressor

Great Price. Great Product. I paid around this same price at a retail location and was just going to buy this product for emergencies… Since then, I have had to use it multiple times to jumpstart my lawnmower (murray riding) and my quad. Mine doesn’t have the built in air-compressor, so that just makes the deal even better.

BTW, it was $20 at True Value.

Hmm (just buying a bunch of 12 volt 7AH and 12AH sealed lead acid batteries for UPSs and emergency lights). You know, this is a pretty good deal for a 19AH battery pack (ignoring the case, cable, light, and compressor). Three of them for $5 shipping (I’d estimate this at 20 pounds at least each) might make this a real deal.

HEY! I’m Irish, and we don’t let our liquor cabinet run dry - EVER.
Refurb huh? That means it died once, probably because the internal battery is garbage. These things are great when they work, but must be kept charged and properly stored between uses. This is one item where you don’t necessarily want to look at the price alone to determine value. 30 bucks may seem cheap, but need to make sure the quality is there. If you pay 30 buck for a bag of _ _ _ _, you have to remember you have a bag of _ _ _ _. Like my Irish uncle used to say, “if you play with turd, you’re gonna get _ _ _ _ on your hands!!” Wooters beware of this one.

Disappointed in your price here woot.

these are $40 or less at auto parts store

Ive seen similar items like this on home shopping… granted for much more money… but they also had tons more features… like a radio… detachable flashlights… more power… and some other things… like a cell phone charger… etc etc… reeFurbed… no thanks

So this thing has an outlet built in on it for a cell phone charger? Yes/no??

I WANT A WOOT-OFF, WITH NOT 1 but 2 bags of crap mixed into it. That is what I am going to dream of tonight

He’s more than likely a security guard somewhere and has it there for people who get dead batteries. I worked at a place that had one of these behind the front desk for employees who had dead batteries-saves them from having to send the guard out to do the jump.

Manufacturers usually say to charge these every three or four months, as the battery loses about 10% of it’s charge per month. You could probably get away with six months or even longer, as these hold enough charge to start an average car 10 - 20 times when they are at full capacity. I don’t take the chance though, I charge mine every four months (it’s not this brand, and only about half the capacity). I’d have to kick myself extra hard if the battery was dead and so was the jumpstarter.

BTW, this is a good price, they’re usually at least $50 on sale for one this large with the compressor. As to why it’s a refurb, think about this: These are very lightweight compared to a car battery. If your battery is dead and you can’t get your car started, would you rather carry one of these or a 60-pound car battery from the nearest auto parts store to your house? People buy one of these, jump their car, drive it to get a new battery, then return the once-used jumpstarter. It can’t be sold as new, so they test it and call it a refurb.

My father is an expert at these, and it depends on temperature, (elevation) and pressure in your car/truck and where you live… I just put mine on the charger every 4-6 months to be safe, and more based on use.

I should note that refurbished may not necessarily mean it was broken and fixed again.
It could also mean that particular model wasn’t really advertised or never made it to the shelves and the company is basically releasing it on clearance.
It could also mean it was returned and rebuilt again… =/

I have a product similar to this.

I wouldn’t want what amounts to a very easily dischargable car battery in a refurbed product. Especially when that product is supposed to be easily dischargable.

No w00t for me. thnx though!

THat’s the problem, lad: AAA’s are only 1.5 volts, so you need 8 of them in series!

Seriously, though, it looks like a good woot to me.

I would WOOT but I already own a similar item. It has a couple more features: DC power outlet(cigarette plug) and built in DC to AC power converter. I have used it on at least a couple occasions to get my car running and a couple times in a power outage for running a Flourescent light. I paid 100 for it at Fry’s. You can add a cheap power converter to this and you would have a heck of a deal. 19 AMP hours for 110V AC is roughly 15 hours of 100-120 watts of AC power depending on the efficiency of the converter and 19+ hours of 12V DC power for items consuming 1000ma(1 AMP) or less. I highly recommend buying something like this.

It would have been great if it also has a 110v electrical outlet.

I use a similar item for my DC battery charger and recharging R/C stuff indoors. They are very handy for peace of mind on long road trips. This being a Refurb makes me wonder if it could save my vaction. But if you are okay with a refurb, this is a good price for the combo unit.

Considering how many times I had to get my car jump-started when my starter went out, this is a must-have

Heck, he ought to just check to see if he turned his lights off.

Needs to check the alternator belt. If it can be depressed more than a couple mm then time to tighten it up or replace it.

And, if it also had a small perpetual nuclear energy source…