Vector Smart 12-Volt Battery Charger

with 84 watts continuous output you’re aren’t going to get much use out of it an an event.

this is primarly a battery charger, not jump-starter. the ‘jump-starting’ takes 8 minutes. most jump-starters need a minute or two max.

i’m getting one to recharge my battery though- it’s totally dead and I don’t feel like burning an entire tank of gas to recharge it;

I think people exaggerated how bad it was. I saw like 50 complaints, but there were 5000 sold. Of course there’s going to be at least 1% of people complaining. Defective rates on electronics run at least 5%.

Also, seems like most of the issues were bad batteries. This thing doesnt have a battery, it plugs into an AC outlet.

Sorry guys won’t get me a second time buying a refurbished battery. Last one I ordered from woot arrived with battery acid everywhere. Thanks for the refund though!

I’m in for one, my battery on my riding mower needs a charge to get it going again and this saves me from actully leaving the house to get one!

Anyone know if this would work as a 2/4/6 amp (selectable?) 12v (more like 14v I’d assume for it to be able to charge the battery) power supply? It might be a decent way to run 12v accessories if the charger can handle it.

My dad use to do all the accounting work for vector, the products after refurb are horrible, since then, vector was bought out by black and decker so all new vector products are black and decker products.

if a battery is completely drained, how would this charger not be useful? From what I recall, slowly charging up a battery is better over quick charges that may damage the battery cells.

You plug it in and charge it up before you put it in the trunk then you don’t need an outlet.

Ever gone to the garage to start your car and nothing? I’ve used my charger (not this one) quite a few times for that.

blah blah blah

I bought a refurb vector battery with air compressor a few weeks ago. A couple had a flat tire last Sunday – their spare tire was flat. I pulled over, used the air compressor and got them going again. Yes, the refurbed battery/air compressor worked fine.

I also bought a refurbed Lyra – works fine. Refurbed digital picture frame – works fine. Refurbed monitor – works fine. Refurbed inflatable doll – that was problematic. But 99 percent of the time…they’re great.

Thanks woot.

Bah, after the fiasco with their jumpstart boxes, I’ll pass.

I bought two of the jumpstart/compressor things, one had a dead leaking battery, and neither of them came with the right charging adapter.

take a look on amazon. it’s identical to a Black & Decker 2/4/6 amp charger- sample button layout and everything - just a different name on the thing

Amazon link for Black and Decker model

Cool! Thanks for the info. If it had more power, I just might bite.

refurb doll? you are a sick sick man… where did you get one?

hee hee

quote user=“christopherjamesorr”]blah blah blah

I bought a refurb vector battery with air compressor a few weeks ago. A couple had a flat tire last Sunday – their spare tire was flat. I pulled over, used the air compressor and got them going again. Yes, the refurbed battery/air compressor worked fine.

I also bought a refurbed Lyra – works fine. Refurbed digital picture frame – works fine. Refurbed monitor – works fine. Refurbed inflatable doll – that was problematic. But 99 percent of the time…they’re great.

Thanks woot.
[/quote]

I bought one of these at wall mart a few months ago, it was marketed under the black and decker name. After using it twice it ended up frying my battery . I was just trying to top off a good battery for maintenance. I paid around $27(after tax). replacing my batter cost another $70

oneday if you get stuck you’ll remember this woot

and woot quit deleting my posts… geesh.

I wouldn’t bite. If it is refurb that means it is from the old vector company. The “repair” crew where just workers off the street that plugged it in and put a voltage meter to it. If it was outputting voltage it was “good” and if it wasen’t it was “bad”. All “good” went back out as refurb, so that means it could have caught on fire and if it still outputted voltage when it got back to vector they would sell it as a refurb.

I think I’ll get one of these for the camper, for the boat and jet ski. They are forever running batteries down. The trickle charger is always somewhere else when we need it. I think this will be another stocking stuffer.

Thanks Woot!

m.

“We’re assuming that if we knew what “microprocessor control” and “spark-resistant reverse polarity protection” meant, we’d like those features, too.”

microprocessor control: means it knows when to automatically shut off and not overcharge your battery into a flaming inferno of death

spark-resistant reverse polarity protection: means if you’re a little too “dee-dee-dee” to match black with black and red with red then the same flaming inferno of death is stopped yet again