Vector VEC164 26 LED Rechargeable Work Light

I understand the battery provides power, by can I still run it plugged in once the battery dies out?

Im in for one in case of emergency.

It looks like a robot from some movie that I can’t remember

Do you guys not read the descriptions before you ask questions, it probably takes longer to ask the question than it does to read the description.

Yes you can plug it in and use it if it runs out of battery.

In for 3… Father’s Day gifts & one for me :slight_smile: Can never have enough flash lights… lol

Don’t be a fuddy-duddy…they’re just having fun…but I agree with you! Hee, hee.

Judging by the map, Nevada is woot impaired. Or perhaps LV makes flashlights unnecessary.

First of all, there are only 2 reviews. Second: Amazon’s reviews aren’t always reliable. Bad reviews of books are often removed by Amazon’s staff to make them appear more popular than they really are. Also, glowing reviews are often written by employees of the publisher. When I look at reviews on Amazon, I start at the worst and go up.

Not for me. All batteries self-discharge sitting on the shelf, but you can’t leave it on the charger continuously, so it will probably be dead when you need it. The Vector site led me to Black and Decker which led me to DeWalt. Here’s the user’s manual.
http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/documents/English/Instruction%20Manual/Vector/VEC164.pdf

they are exactly 19.99 at your local Autozone all day long
boo

Well that still makes Woot $7.80 cheaper for the 2 I ordered (7% tax in my state). OK in my book. Not to mention the gas saved driving there.

good reviews at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Vector-VEC164-Rechargeable-Work-Light/dp/B00172WT18

I agree that more reviews is always better…good thing that this isn’t a book about flashlights. Here’s a good example of bad behavior.

My thought exactly! It’s nice that Amazon gives us a chuckle once in a while :wink:

I’ve only had DeWalt drill bits, so I can’t speak for their quality, but I had a Vector combo unit (flashlight, air compressor and something about power supply that either I couldn’t figure out or wouldn’t work) and wasn’t real impressed with the quality - the grip fell off, at one point the hose broke and I had to repair it with parts from another compressor, the battery didn’t work that well, it never worked directly off power, it wouldn’t charge off the vehicle, etc. I could use a work light, but not if that’s what I can expect…

This is cheaper than the side deal at woot today! Of course, homedepot.com throws in a free 14v drill with it! :wink:

Listed on autozone.com for 29.99. Different pricing at the store?

I bought this exact light @ wallymart like two years ago. It really is everything it says and more. It throws a TON of light for being under the car / under the hood well into the dark, and lasts longer than i’ve ever needed it to (through a tranny swap, change a clutch, etc). It also solved the problem of extension cords and that nasty little habit “drop lights” have when you drop them… A good night under the car used to be a 4 bulb night. Not anymore!

I think I paid 26$. You won’t be disappointed.

Matt

Wife got me one of these for Christmas last year. Paid ~$40 from Amazon. Total POC. Cheap plastic, a pain to recharge. Not worth it even at this price.

God damn it!

One opinion praising the device followed directly by someone claiming it to be a piece of crap!

Which is it?!