Velix Daily Grind 30 Laptop Backpack, Men's Medium, Orange (102557)

Thanks for the explanation! It sort of cleared things up. Doesn’t make the pricing any less ridiculous. It just means their data mining/systems/programs don’t work very well. Well, I guess maybe they do since the price on this back pack came down eventually.

Speaking for myself, and maybe a few others, frustration with Woot seems to stem from the quantity of stuff on Woot. In an effort to sell more stuff and make more profit (which I admit is the purpose of a business), woot/amazon has just been throwing out more and more items hoping that they will sell, whether or not it’s actually a good deal.

I feel like if fewer items were being sold, you’d have the staff to have a real human look at the items and say “this is a really good deal and we can still make selling it.” BUT when you’re selling hundreds of items, you have to rely on the computer programs you referenced who can make some silly pricing decisions. Granted people are fallible too, but a real live human would probably have looked at the back pack and said “huh, this isn’t really discounted at all. maybe it shouldn’t be on our site which is all about good deals.”

I, and many others, would appreciate if Woot went back its roots and didn’t serve as a clearing house for Amazon warehouse, and focused on quality deals instead quantity sales.

I’m aware that none of these decisions are left to you personally, but as you are the proverbial messenger, it is your corporate duty to be shot.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to explain the flash deals. Maybe you could explain to your overlords that a “flash deal” is supposed to last a very short amount of time. And that if an item is left up for days, it’s not really a “flash.”

Hi there!

The Flash deals are the only area where we are an Amazon clearing house. They give us a list and we pick what we want to sell. The quantities are very limited on these are they’re the last of the inventory and taking up space.

As to the number of sales, we cut down dramatically the number of sales effective July 1. Where we used to have thousands of items for sale, we now have a few hundred.

We are working on getting closer to our roots. We’ll never be a one deal a day again. We can’t do that and be competitive in this world. We’re not the only pony in the race any more. :slight_smile:

Anybody who bought one of these want to give a review? I’ve been eyeing this for a couple weeks, but the complete lack of reviews anywhere make me nervous about dropping a hundred+ bucks.