Vella Cheese Company

The mezzo, and the dry jack are 2 of my favorites. I have gone through 2 mezzo and 3 jack thusfar and am in!

I was just on their site yesterday contemplating an order. This is an auto-buy for sure.

Ok, so does one eat the rind of these cheeses, or not?

Yes, I grate it over soup and salads. It is very flavorful.

Vella Cheese Company

Vella Cheese Mezzo Secco Dry Jack Cheese
$25.99 $̶3̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 30% off List Price
Mezzo Secco Dry Monterey Jack Cheese, 2 lbs - 2.5 lbs.

Vella Cheese Company Dry Monterey Jack Cheese
$23.99 $̶2̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 17% off List Price
Dry Monterey Jack Cheese, 2 lbs. - 2.5 lbs.

Vella Cheese Company Habañero Dry Jack
$32.99 $̶4̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 18% off List Price
Habañero Dry Jack, 2 lbs. - 2.5 lbs.

Vella Cheese Company Oro Secco
$38.99 $̶5̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 22% off List Price
Oro Secco, 2 lbs. - 2.5 lbs.

Vella Cheese Company Asiago Pepato
$28.99 $̶3̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 17% off List Price
Asiago Pepato, 2 lbs. - 2.5 lbs.

I’m excited to try the habanero dry jack!

Anyone know if this cheese is organic?

i love Vella cheese.

+1. I’ve never had the Oro Secco and boy does that one sound like the beez. Decisions to be made over some glasses of wine this weekend.

I can’t go too long without the mezzo secco. ALWAYS an auto-buy.

Stupid question… the asiago has whole peppercorns in it correct? Doesn’t look like it in the picture, and doesn’t mention it in the description. But that is pepato afik.

When will these ship? I’d like to order, but hate to have them deliver when I’m on a business trip.

Would love to try this stuff, but how can eat a 2 lb chunk of cheese before surface growth begins. As soon as any cheese is opened it is exposed to bacteria, yeast and mold and it goes downhill from there. Why don’t you guys offer a sampler deal with 8 oz portions of all these cheeses ?

I’ve kept one of these and chipped away at it for a couple months. More than once. Sealed well, it just got a little mold that I trimmed off. It’s certainly not harmful.

They’ll be in the same 2-3 week time frame of other wine.woot deals.

Michael,

Since you are here, hopefully you can answer my question: how long will these keep unrefrigerated? I travel, and may be away when they are delivered.

so very happy! in for my favorite and trying 2 others.

Asiago… peppercorns yes or no?

I break off a chunk and put the rest in the freezer, sealed as tightly as I can get.