Venta-Sonic Ultrasonic Humidifier

mixed reviews at amazon

and

some more reviews at viewpoints.

and, for good measure froooooogleeeed

I wonder if this would make for a good swamp cooler.

Anyone know what frequency this thing vibrates at? Might be interesting to try and break down algal cells with it…

this was suppose to be an xbox 360

If you’re in the market for a humidifier, ultrasonic is definitely the way to go.

We’ve broken 4 ultrasonic humidifiers because they were left on when the tank was empty. If this thing shuts off automatically, I’m in for 3.

I’ve had this exact model for 2 years. It’s nice, works well, and can bring humidity up in a room close to 95 percent (enough to cause condensation on walls). The density it puts out can be a bit much at its highest setting. I use a fan with it to quickly bring a room up to high humidity, and then turn it down to maintain that level.

The only down sides are the need of a separate fan if you want a fast humidity level, and the fact that it has a non-optional water filter built in. You can use the one it comes with forever if you have normal water, but if you have hard water the filter will last about 100 to 150 fills.

Overall, it’s a good humidifier.

It does… It has an auto-stop that’s a little over ambitious. The well is mainly still full when it shuts down.

Automatically shuts off when water tank is empty

I have this exact model and the earlier model. I LOVE them. They put out a great amount of mist without soaking the floor around them. They are extremely quiet - the only noise you really notice is an occasional air bubble surfacing. And they do shut off when the tank is empty (usually about 24 hours of run-time). The only downside with them is that the reservoir still has water in it when it shuts off, so you have to remember to remove the tank and drain the reservoir (haul it to the sink and dump it) so you don’t get slime and mildew growing. But aside from this I would recommend them to anyone. And I paid $100 for each of mine. This price is an absolute steal!

Other ultrasonic humidifiers I’ve used emitted white powder all over the room, I assume from minerals in the water. Has that been solved or will this blanket my apartment in powder?

I bought this humidifier from Bed Bath and Beyond for about $100, and it seems pretty cool until you realize that it spreads a white film all over everything in your house. It stinks because I thought I was getting a top of the line product. The filter does nothing to stop this from happening. You may have to use distilled water to prevent this from happening, but that can be quite a pain. It is a good price though. Maybe your water is different.

I bought this at Bed Bath Beyond for $80 about 6 months ago. Each lasted approximately 3 months before not working. The copper colored disc that creates the micro mist started developing black residue on it after about a month of use (the reside was very hard to get off, almost impossible). There is a brush included to keep that clean which I used. Didn’t work too long after that. It would still bubble but not produce any vapor. It worked great (when it worked). Luckily BBB has a great return policy so I just trade em in for a new one free of charge when it goes kaput. Hard to say if this is worth the money or not.
Also, no white debris from mine, we have soft water though.

Here are some product reviews at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000C1OIJQ

Here is a link to the manufacturer http://yunyk.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=45

Wow, check out the sales by state. You can tell where the dry climates are…

Hmmm…I’m thinking that 3 of these may come handy in my sweat lodge.

Ultrasonic humidifiers don’t evaporate water directly (as with boiler models), they atomize it. This means that they disperse anything that’s in the water along with the droplets - if you have any minerals at all in the water supply, you’ll eventually get mineral dust covering everything.

Ultrasonic humidifiers don’t evaporate water directly (as with boiler models), they atomize it. This means that they disperse anything that’s in the water along with the droplets - if you have any minerals at all in the water supply, you’ll eventually get mineral dust covering everything.