Venta-Sonic Ultrasonic Humidifier

I bought one from woot about a month or so ago. It’s a steal so I just bought two more. It works great, it’s quiet and holds almost 2 gallons of water. Don’t let the small picture fool you. It’s rather large. I’ll see this winter how long they last. And I do suggest you clean it out every week to prevent it from clogging up.

How is this item shipped? Snail Mail? Can’t find the info anywheres.

I don’t believe they can email this to you…

I know this is coming late, but I see the complaint about white powder on the walls. I wonder if this has something to do with the filtration system and the use of hard water. What I mean is that other humidifiers have hard water minerals building up on the heating element and stopping itself to be cleaned. This unit is supposed to prevent that, but in turn, seems to let the minerals get out of the machine…just a thought.

Gee Thanks.

Haven’t Wooted in a while and in the past Woot indicated how things were to be shipped… Snail Mail or otherwise.

Great humidifier, but the demineralization cartridges (Needs to be replaced once a season) are becoming more and more difficult to find.

We have one, and were running it last night. Woke up to a very wet floor, and our bed was damp as well. The lesson here is don’t run it at the dampest setting for too long.
The manufacturer could make this unit a lot better by making it taller, as well. We sit it on top of a box to keep it off the floor so more water goes into the air and we still end up with water on the floor.

I just spoke with my plumber who is installing a water conditioning system in our home to treat our well water. He said hard water will leave the residues some folks are reporting… soft water will not.
If you have hard water, he suggested using distilled water… which can be expensive over time.

You need to clean weekly and that won’t happen.

Humidity is not for me. I do like watching humidifiers work though.

There is a water softening cartridge $15 which should solve your mineral problem. But the $15 is a recurring charge so this is like a ‘razor blade business’

This will be a perfect replacement to the model I currently have. Current model only lasts about 6 hours before it runs out of water, this will at least last through night and we can move the old one into the living room.

Come on Sellout have a Sell Off!! All the cool kids are doing it!!

That dust is a function of the minerals in the water. They are sprayed out with the water. If you filter all the water put into this type of humidifier (or if the internal filter is efficient) you should be able to mitigate it. The more dangerous small humidifiers which simply boil the water to distribute it do not have this problem since the minerals do not boil “up and out.” Also, the minerals collect on the electrodes and become a problem. Note the words “more dangerous” especially if you have kids who might pull it down, etc. Furnace humidifiers for forced air systems avoid all the problems but are very expensive and only available for home owners.

This is why I won’t be buying this model. I just threw away a perfectly good ionic ultrasonic humidifier because everything in my home, especially electronics, was coated in white! And it doesn’t just wipe off with a cloth, needs to be washed off…sigh and I have city water, not hard at all!

Are these quiet enough to put in a nursery? I like that it can be set to warm or cool, but I don’t want it to wake my kid up early from nap time.

We went with ultrasonic humidifiers after fan-based ones all croaked on us sooner or later. They were loud too and the filters gummed up with dirt and mold grew on them unless we re very vigilant. We have the Germguardian brand sold in Costco and we’re very happy with them, but at $100 each, they’re not cheap. We may pick one up though, for the basement.

You can’t even tell it’s in the same room with you. Every once in awhile you’ll hear a few bubbles surfacing inside the tank, but very, very quiet!

Ultrasonic ones are generally very very quiet. You may hear slight woosh of particalized water and gurgle of bubble in the water reservoir.

You know. I can always count of Woot and sellout.woot when I need something. My EXPENSIVE humidifier broke after 2 seasons. Cost more to fix them then to purchase a new one. Yes, it had a limited warranty, but I have to pay to ship it back and forth. Plus, it can take weeks. Sad to say, better to buy a new one. Such a disposable society we live in.

I am in for one. I don’t care about reviews, JUST PRICE! Venta is a good company. So when it breaks, GARBAGE!!! But winter is around the corner and the basement will get dry. I hate static electricity.

Now I need a new dehumidifier, because I think it is broke. YES, it was expensive. SO woot, need a dehumidifer in March 2010. Go find a good low cost replacement, for I am done buying $200 applicances.