Vented Laptop Stand Riser & Computer Desk

Vented Laptop Stand Riser & Computer Desk

Wow, I just bought one of these for twice the price on Amazon: Executive Office Solutions Portable Adjustable Aluminum Laptop Desk/Stand/Table Vented w/CPU Fans Mouse Pad Side Mount-Notebook-MacBook-Light Weight Ergonomic TV Bed Lap Tray Stand Up/Sitting-Black https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00RQ3JQMM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jlZqEbCTX539W

Wish I had waited a week…

1 Like

Well, how about a review? Is it sturdy?

2 Likes

Many reviews on Amazon. Generally like it and do comment that it could be sturdier, especially if using it for larger laptops or in bed. Personally, I have not seen one.

BS cheap chinese crap. The box it came in looked like it’d been stored in someone’s basement for 20 years, smashed to crap and full of wholes. The exterior packaging it arrived in seemed relatively unharmed. Pretty sure it was used since it came with what looked like a screwdriver handle but no metal piece, was missing a screw, had no paper inserts and literally no description of the product anywhere in or on the packagaing.

You got a box?! Mine came loose in a bag. With holes.

no kind of padding inside whatsoever. Omw to work so I can’t inspect it yet.

What a POS. Agree with others that it arrived in bad shape. They put the open box into a bag, but the box looks like it had been run over. Parts broken, perhaps missing. Don’t know for sure cause there’s no paperwork, no instructions to put it together. I used to build computers and I couldn’t get the parts to intersect. Useless garbage. Pics are of broken connector piece, what that piece should look like, and the port for the leg that’s so scraped up it looks well used.

Yikes!

I was going to complain that mine had powder coat chipped off the corners of the desk portion, but wow, looks like others made out much worse. Mine came in a UPS box. I guess they packed these in whatever they could find on the floor at the time.

As for the desk itself, it’s actually not bad otherwise, but the photos make it seem much taller than it is. The desk portion is big enough for a 17" laptop or more, but the legs, if folded to match the seated on the sofa position, is way too short.

So I just made some extra legs out of some old rectangular tubing and bolted them to the bottom hole (with carriage bolts & wingnuts so it can be adjusted or easily removed), and now it is perfect height.

As it comes, though, it’s really only useful as a laptop desk for in bed, at most, and at worst, it’s just a bag of broken parts you have to complain to woot about and then recycle once they refund it.

I’m very sorry for the condition. I let the computer team know. Make sure you reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.