Venturer HD-DVD Player with 2 Random HD-DVD Movies

1 Venturer HD-DVD Player with 2 Random HD-DVD Movies

$49.99 + $5 shipping

condition: New

pricing for future reference

HD DVD? The format is DEAD!! Why would anyone buy this?

Here’s what its going for on ebay:

Ebay Results: HD-DVD

in case anyone was interested…

It’s a cheap upconverter.

Careful… its only 1080i not 1080p. Not everyones tv supports 1080p though… just dont jump into it thinking you are going to get 1080p.

Wow, really? That’s a pretty good price. Might as well get it if you need a dvd player.

cool, I put those right next to my beta max

i would.
just for kicks and museum qualities.

This is tempting. I’m betting you could get a lot of cheap HD-DVD movies if you looked in the right place, and worst case scenario, it’s a really cheap upconverting DVD player.

$50? Pffft… for $5 I’d think about it, never for $50.

Woot had to get these CHEAP!!! Can’t cut the cost enough for me to get one!! Blue Ray Rocks!!

$55 for two movies and a good DVD player…not a bad deal. I have about 10 HD-DVD’s that I’m thinking about getting this for.

Dang… its not for me. It doesnt convert beta max to hd-dvd.

does this upconvert as well? if so, may be well worth it

Up next, your very own Beta Max player!

Would be a steal of a good buy if the HD format wasn’t going out of style. Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Toshiba or some other company that was backing the HD DVD brand back out and let Blue Ray eat all the cake?

There is a rumor that this is a re badged Toshiba player. Not sure which model though. The Toshiba HD-A2 or HD-A3 comes to mind, but I am not sure.

Is it upconverting? Didn’t say so anywhere in the description… But I thought pretty much all the HD-DVD players were upconverting, so… Anyone know for sure?

worthless. Like buying 5 remote control helicopters from woot. It’ll give you 15 minutes of fun, then it flies over into the neighbor’s yard and is never seen again.