Vibram FiveFingers Bikila Shoes

I bought these last time (two pairs) and I can’t stop wearing them. So comfortable everywhere. Its better than wearing sandals. Even used the second pair as beach shoes. Just make sure to use the sizing recommendations off their website for that particular shoe and you should be good.

Are these okay to wear if you have high arches?

What’s your measurement based on the sizing chart?

Great size selection, Woot! Waste of time to even click.

If you’re not used to wearing these, you need to slowly get your feet/ankles used to wearing them. I’m talking 30 minutes or so a day around the house, then working up from there. If you try to take it too fast, they’re going to be very uncomfortable from a habit standpoint!

I will note that these were true to size and fit my feet great.
BUT
I have toes that get progressively shorter than my bit toe so these shoe toes are floppy on my pointer and middle toes. As such these shoes are crummy if you are like half the people in the world.

Oh man, this completely made my day! I have a pair of the all around ones but I have been wanting a pair of these outdoor ones. Running in these things is awesome, wearing them on the sail boat, even around the house! Thanks! Can’t wait to get these in!

I have been wearing these full time for two years and have walked hundreds of miles in them. Vibram’s are essentially gloves to protect your feet. You are walking barefoot with a little protection. They have no arch or heel. If you can walk barefoot comfortably with your high arch they should be fine. Sizing is critical. Also with no heel you are using your Achilles tendons and calf muscles in a new way. Build wear time up gradually or you will be sore.

I have no arch at all and my foot width is a size 4E. Does anyone know if these will fit a wide foot?

i bought these last time and found 2 things… first it took me a couple times putting them on to figure out i had to basically ‘crawl’ my toes into them in order for my toes not to curl and that the size i bought leaves no sock room so if i plan to wear socks i need to buy one size up i think.

Chart says I need a 41 with. 10.5 inch foot… But I usually wear an 11.5 and many reviews say the chart is off… Would the 43s work for me?

I know the people that have these seem to love them. I ordered a pair last time and ended up returning them. They were a bear trying to put them on and I finally gave up. My guess is you will either love them or hate them.

Highly recommend you get some toe socks, like injinji. I wore mine w/o the first few times and my big toe nail would catch a seam, and the top of the shoe pulled my Hobbit hair, I nearly gave up on the shoes. Bought some socks ($10/pair:$), but absolutely love the shoes now. Seriously feels like I wearing socks with hard soles.

My fiance was never more disappointed with me than when I bought a pair of these shoes… that was, until I bought my second pair. #3 coming up today. These are great!

Got these last time and have only worn them a couple times. They are unique! Very comfortable though.

I have to agree with the others who said these run small. Depending on how much pressure I put on the floor/ruler when I measured my foot, I was right at a 1/4 inch mark, but a slight increase in pressure put me 1/8 inch over. They run in 1/4 inch increments by their size chart. So, to be safe, I actually got the size 1/8-1/4 inch bigger than my feet measured. They BARELY Fit. VERY snug - my big toe is pressed right to the end.

My suggestion, definitely go up one size - 1/4 inch is not that much. I’d rather have 1/8 inch space than 1/8 inch short!

Have to laugh at that! My wife threatened to divorce me if I wore them in public…

After the week I’ve had, I’m wearing them in public later today!

(They are, well, ugly.)

Yeah, I started wearing mine into the ocean every day (so much nicer not stepping on rocks and seashell shrapnel), so I am psyched that they are back so soon. And one of the only 2 sizes available just happens to be mine. Sweet!

I usually wear 10.5 to 11 in shoes. The 43’s were great for me.

Yeah, I noticed that when I started walking my dogs in them at the beach. You can definitely feel that you’re working your muscles differently, but it’s not too bad. I did my usual 2 mile walk with them the first day and didn’t end up crippled or anything.

I also wear a 10.5 to 11 in normal shoes so the chart says I should get a 41. I really wanted these but the only size left is 44. Would that be way too big?