Victorinox Swiss Army Evolution 14

Victorinox Swiss Army Evolution 14

While this is a good price compared to the $32 currently on Amazon, it does not have a locking blade (if that matters to you).
For simple tasks, this knife is fine. If you want a knife you will use when actually doing work, then a locking blade does make a difference, IMO.

1 Like

Also does not fit the mini screwdriver in the corkscrew.

Hmm. Called “Evolution” but it hasn’t evolved, has it? It is the exactly same knife I carried 40 years ago. I would have hoped for something more… evolved. With a locking blade. And who really needs a corkscrew anymore? Or for that matter, a bottle opener? Great for the 20th Century.

I believe “Evolution” is referring to the shape of the handle/body. It’s more ergonomic.

1 Like

I’ve had the old model of this knife for 24 years now. Bought it in Switzerland as a souvenir on a high school trip. I don’t carry it often or use it all that much, but it’s always ready to go when I need it. While they do seem a little silly with all the modern knives out there, there’s just something about a good ‘ole Swiss Army Knife.

Also I think I paid $30 for it way back then. So this price is good for a knife that’ll probably last you a lifetime.

1 Like