ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet
$279.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

review at cnet

laptopmag

First Look: Viewsonic G Tablet and Tegra 2 Performance Preview at anandtech

Yes, but can it run Crysis?

Do I really need it? No. Do I really want it? Yes.

It’s Apples! Get it!

Hands-On video

Viewsonic G-Tablet vs Apple iPad video

ViewSonic G-Tablet G Tablet G-Tab G Tab Review

will it run os x?

Amazon Link

(Mod’s note: Fixed link; don’t need quotes.)

Is anyone really interested in taking pictures with a 1.3 megapixel camera these days?

How come that link brings me back to woot?

This will sell out quickly once it hits the android community. This thing is great once it’s got the latest updates and even better after it’s rooted.

The stock OS that comes with this is absolute junk, but rooting it is very simple and makes the device much better. By the way, it’s hardware is comparable to the Moto Xoom and iPad 2.

Google Viewsonic gTablet roms to find all the info you need.

I’m probably out of the loop, but aren’t tablets just glorified smartphones? I mean, how many gadgets does a guy need? :slight_smile:

This would be the 1 of 2 cheaper tablets that features the Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 Dual cortex A9(1Ghz) processor.

It is also 1 of only 2 tablets that have 4 of 5 star ratings with over 60 reviews.

The other is the elocity a7 which I just picked up last week and am now wishing I hadn’t.

This is now the cheapest dual core 1ghz tablet you can grab.

If anyone grabs this make sure you check out this site for possible mods/additions to the device.

3.4 on average via the Buzzillion reviewers. Not bad, but not great.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/viewsonic-10-android-wifi-tablet-reviews

I would definitely buy one if they were $200 less!

FWIW, I have one. If you want a tablet, get this one. $100 off anywhere else right now.

Here’s the deal, the default TnT interface blows. Go on the XDA Developers forums though and get the VEGAn- or TnTLite ROMs and install them, and you’ll never look back. My biggest gripe is the screen doesn’t have great viewing angles. Otherwise, the thing is a workhorse. Battery life is great (10+ hours), connectivity is good, weight is nice, and it’s damn peppy. You’re getting the same CPU as the Xoom as well. No GPS, which is a marginal inconvenience at best.

It’s for using with Skype