ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet

The article keeps saying “1080p”, but the screen resolution is only 1024x600, that’s not even 720p.

I get blamed for a sell-out!!1!

I feel so powerful!!1!

Or one of those jerks that sold them on eBay and had a picture of probably 20 Touchpads sitting on their table. Bas-terds.

G-tab?.. is it a blood or a crypt?

I own this, and have run everything including stock FW, custom Froyo, and custom Gingie. Here’s my analysis:

Pros: Easily ROM’able, good community support, big, kinda powerful but not really.

Cons: Viewing angle on LCD is approx 15 degrees. in portrait mode, it actually kinda hurt my eyes because the whole screen wasn’t ‘viewable’ at once, if that makes sense.

worth $239? yea, i guess…though a $100 touchpad ROM’d with android will absolutely destroy it.

I was able to get past the viewing angle issue. I have loaded a few useful apps and find this to be a great tab for network administration and email. Just mod to a better ROM and play. Tinkerers will like this.

Honeycomb, not Gingerbread

Apart from the ironically bad viewing angles, this is a great tablet once loaded with custom firmware such as Cyanogenmod7

I got this last time woot had it up. I used it for a week with the stock OS. It’s just okay. The antenna for picking up wifi in the house is on the weak side. After a week I rooted it with honeycomb and it’s better. I say only get this if you like to tinker with the OS, there are lots of choices, almost too many. It’s a pretty solid device though, thicker than most but it does have a full sized USB input on the side.

1080p output via peripheral?

from the reading ive done on these, the viewing angle sucks

its not a bad tablet, but its better to root it and flash a new rom on the device

it doesnt look that bad, overall specs, but i figure once black friday rolls around…these will be $100 less than going rate atm. I can wait a little longer.

I bought one of these several months ago for $280 and am very happy with it. Right now, I am running VeganTab 7.1. It is a very good value in the Android tablet market, in my opinion.

Actually that would make an excellent drinking game. Anytime Woot sells a tablet, you take a shot for every poster that mentions a Touchpad. I’m drunk already!

This tablet + GtabComb == Great deal!

GTabComb will give you Android 3.0, the same version used on the Motorola Xoom. With that ROM this device is fast, sleek, sexy, and very functional–it’s essentially equivalent to the Xoom with a slightly lower quality case and screen (the guts are nearly identical, and just as fast).

Love mine!

Does not play High Profile h.264

I would not recommend for anything beyond low bit rate 720.

The screen has terrible viewing angles.

Great for Youtube, E-Books, Sudoko, Browser with Flash.

Has microsd slot. -> deal breaker

Has USB port, with mouse support in some mods.

There are some great devs out there for non froyo builds GB+. Really no reason to pay any more than this for what a tablet does.

Don’t get stuck with Amazons Tablet, it has smaller screen and it’s all proprietary, no sdcard.

Because Woot! actually wants to make money off of them instead of giving them away for free?

Back in the early days of Woot!, all you got during a Woot-Off were low-quantity items that had been sold previously. It was a way to get the leftovers out of the warehouse without giving them away. Things have changed over the years, but they’re still bound to get stuck with a few pieces of extra inventory for each item they’ve sold. What’s the problem with selling it during a Woot-Off?

Are you sure there weren’t only 3-4 left due to them putting the rest in BOC’s?

Not really worth the pricetag, even if it runs honeycomb with a little hack.

I know that feel…

Good stuff!