ViewSonic Monitors & Projectors

I don’t know a thing about monitors except that I need one (for not gaming purposes). Is the 27 inch a good price? Should I wait for another deal?

The monitor will be used as a second monitor for development apps and business applications.

LED IPS is pretty nice, really easy on the eyes for long periods of time.

But i mean if you just want something nice and big for half the price you can get:
http://www.amazon.com/MX279H-27-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B17C5KO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1399461389&sr=8-4&keywords=27+inch+ips+led

ViewSonic VX2453MH-LED-S 24" 1080p LED Monitor with 2 HDMI Ports

Is this one HDCP compliant?

That is a nice price on a 27" monitor. Quick note though, the ASUS in this link is max resolution: 1920 x 1080. The 27" on this deal is 2560x1440 resolution.

When I was shopping 27" solutions, that was a huge deal-breaker for me. If you go with 1920 x 1080, that’s the same resolution as you’re getting on 23 & 24" solutions, just “stretched out” to your bigger monitor. The hi def resolution was, for me, what made the 27" worth getting (same clarity in resolution per inch I was used to…really more real estate with the extra inches).

No idea about this particular offering. I have a pair of the 27" HP refurbs that I adore.

Wondering about the 24 inch ultra fast response monitor… It looks like there is sort of a rounded thing that hangs off the bottom to give it a little flair. Is that removable? I want to stack 2 of these on top of each other and that would just create unnecessary distance between the monitors.

Thank you!

We didn’t get samples. Maybe a wooter has them. Otherwise, you can check the ViewSonic site for manuals or contact them directly to ask.

After my 27" iMac died, I had a serious needed a serious monitor to replicate that 27" 2560x1440 feeling. I bought this exact Viewsonic model of monitor a few years back and have loved it even more than iMac screens (yay matte finish). It’s a little high end and large for a secondary monitor setup. It would probably more work efficient for that kind of cost to just grab two 1080p 22-24" of the same type and a dual vesa mount… Of course if you instead want a high end monitor to make all other workers envious, I’d have my eyes set on the new LG 34UM95’s coming out…