ViewSonic Monitors

One day,there will be 16:10 for those of us that have to work for a living. Sigh.

I wonder if I’m the only person still using a CRT monitor on this site. Image and text quality is so much better.

Funny, the CRT I’m using is a Viewsonic.

two 23’ 1080p edge-less dell monitors side by side… its a beautiful thing :slight_smile:

Double sigh.

I appreciate that the TV-focused panels have resulted in lower prices, but still, 16:10 for computers. Seriously, people.

+1! Reminds me of lines from “The Rime of the Ancient Woot Monitor”:

Day after day, day after day,
We joined the realm of wooters;
Searching for a monitor
To use with our computers.

Monitors, monitors, everywhere,
Viewsonic and AOC;
Monitors, monitors, everywhere,
But all were 1080p.

Forgive my ignorance, but what’s the significance of working on 16:10 vs 16:9? Is it the real estate afforded? How you prefer to size your windows?

I think that it’s roughly that you can have 2 different 8.5x11" (standard letter) documents side by size closer in native format (i.e., 17:11 is pretty close to 16:10) than 16:9 allows. But I’m just guessing.

Higher resolution…makes for better everything. I especially use it for all my photography processing.

the lower res 1080 panels are only 1920x1080

a nice 16:10 style panel is usually at 1920x1200. And yes, those extra pixels really make a difference.

I would totally rock one of the 27" cinema display knock off’s though. 2560 x 1440 is very appealing. My buddy just bought two of them (different brand) and mounted them both on a dual arm mount on his desk. They look amazing.

Ordered it, but they shipped the wrong model monitor. Not height adjustable, no swivel, no DVI-D, no DisplayPort, no USB hub in-monitor, just two HDMI. Makes a problem for connecting it to my PC.

Trying to contact support but would it kill them to have a phone contact for problems like this?