Vina Robles 2006 Suendero & 2008 Chardonnay - 2+2 Pack

Will this make a good/tasty gift for a a thirty something guy? I don’t drink wine so I don’t really know.

We have now had 2 “should-I-buy” questions. The problem is that it’s a subjective question that really requires some kind of information about taste, goal, etc. This is good wine. Is it phenomenal wine? No. It’s also less than $15 shipped, so expect to get a price-appropriate wine. Will you like it? Telling us what you like will help us answer that question. Will someone else like it? Again, maybe. Moral of the story, with information, you can get information. :happy:

So, who might have some information so us on-the-fencers can make a semi-informed decision.

This looks like a great deal as each red is valued @ $44 on CT.

If you have girl guests that have drunk wine before, will this impress? Better?

Here’s a bit:

The red seems to be in a somewhat old-world style. The chard seems kind of like a hybrid. Nice acid, but sounds like there is definitely some oak presence.

is there ever sake on this site?

I just bought 1 because I wanted a fairly decent red/white mix.

Then I noticed there’s totally a screw cap on that chardonnay.

Not really, but I’ll try. These will be nice wines for the price. Worth it? Probably. I’m not in because I don’t much like the varietals offered. However, would a non-wine drinker or “casual but uneducated” drinker be impressed anywhere beyond what he/she would be with a Yellow Tail at half the price? Probably not.

There used to be offerings from an OR company called Sake One. We haven’t seen Sake Guy on here for a long while, though. He was awesome.

There is NOTHING (!!!) wrong with screw tops, especially when you’re going to consume the wine within a year or two!

Thanks, I don’t know much about that. I will definitely have it within a year.

Do not fear the future! :happy:

Gosh, you’d think this was an issue beaten to death several times before…

To recapitulate, wine makers and (blind-test) wine drinkers all agree that screw caps do a better job of sealing the wine, with no risk of bad corks. Over extended periods (decades), the minimal transpiration of oxygen through a cork may affect the aging of those wines that need to age. The disrespect for screw tops is considered a vestige of a better-discarded past.

Sheesh, shut out in Kansas three offers in a row! At least it’s good for my wallet :slight_smile:

And my 2 cents on the ‘new wine drinkers’ and woot - the wines offered at Woot tend to be more interesting than something randomly chosen at a liquor store - plus you often get the benefit of hearing a ton of diverse opinion in the forums. So, if you’re interested in learning more about wine, it’s definitely worth the risk to buy a few packs - even if you just want to dabble. But if you’re perfectly happy grabbing a random 7-12 dollar bottle at the store … It probably isn’t.

But of all the wines I’ve bought, I’ve only been unhappy once … Compared to underwhelmed with ‘random at a store’ more times than I can count!

You were on a roll there.

On the other hand, you never see a cork on cheap grocery store wine. Just sayin’. :slight_smile:

I get it. Screw cap ok on good wine.

This!!! We know Wine Dave would never supply us with Thunderbird, and there are all kinds of benefits to them. I love the sound and feel of pulling a cork as much as the next girl, but they’re a very practical closure.

/um, that last sentence doesn’t sound quite right…

In fer 1. What the 7734.