Vina Robles Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay Quartet

This is more irritating than the e-mails I keep getting from the Heir to several Nigerian silver mines who needs to find “a honest businiss man with savings account for partnership.”

I wonder if another idiot employee form the grape juice site will come and apologize again?

This made me laugh so hard that I hurt myself. Thanks. =)

We agree. At least it’s now more obvious to those who worried that we were censoring a normal person. (that was back a few weeks ago, followed itself by other laughable sock puppet attempts (here and here – as well as later in that thread when “they” supposedly apologized)

While we’re on the off-topic subject… [snip - comment self-moderated due to potential for error in my statement]

Honestly, i’m sorry i even ordered from that other site. What idiots. Keep up the great wine woots! I’ll be in for the vina robles before its sold out.

if i got sent my tracking number today how long do you think it will be til it gets to los angeles?

Whites taste much, much better chilled. Just put them in the fridge for a couple of hours or more, open 'em up and drink. At room temp. they pretty much suck, for most of us, anyway.

I always keep a bottle or two of white wine in the fridge, ready to drink.

I can ignore that Nigerian guy. According to mail I received earlier today, I won the German lottery, and after I claim my prize, I will be incredibly rich!

Lucky you, I’m on a dry campus, so I can’t order until the summers

I thought whites were chilled to diminish the taste of the residue tannin - the sort of bitter taste that arises primarily from the stems, etc. that end up in the pressing. You need some of that taste, but not too much.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Vina Robles Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay Quartet
$44.99+ $5 shipping
condition: Aged
product(s): 2 Vina Robles 2004 Sauvignon Blanc Jardine Vineyard, 2 Vina Robles 2003 Chardonnay, Edna Valley

A few questions… I discovered this site for myself a couple of weeks ago. I’ve looked at the wines here both weeks, and both times someone on the community board has said or suggested something along the lines of, “This is a good price, but it’s not the usual Woot Wines savings I expect.” Should I be disappointed by what I’ve seen? Because it seems with little Googling, I was able to find wines from this company for just as much or cheaper. Are there any other places you guys go to religiously for cheap wine?

Also, do they charge sales tax for interstate purchases?

Can you provide links and does that include shipping/tax? You’ll find that the cost of shipping a bottle of wine makes up a big portion of the overall cost. Especially with a $10-15 bottle. Also “wines from this company” != these specific wines?

The one and only time I bought wine out of state and had it shipped they held it for 2 months before sending it because of the local temperatures. They claimed that they were waiting for it to get cooler in Texas before shipping. I wonder if WOOT’s winery has the same practice? Any ideas?

Nope. They do not. They did switch to two day air during that 100 degree stretch. I just received my Foppiano yesterday (the 7th) when it was shipped on the 27th. YIKES!!!
Not woots fault, it was the stupid brown guys. It appeared to be OK, but we’ll see when I taste it.

Pat

I love these new users and their “I’ve been around long enough to tell you…” comments.

:0)

Check the Foppiano thread for suggested wait time on tasting after opening/decanting.

What was the shipping cost? Cause Woot’s is pretty cheap…

“Dry campus” is that like an oxymoron or something?

1. just-signed-up members requesting other site info be shared is a fairly cliche way to set the stage for spam activity. In this case we’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain that we’ve had some issues with other wine sites spamming our members. Please don’t follow up with suggestions.
  2. I’m too biased to coment on price but continue googling and sharing price info, take shipping into account, etc. Or just decide that you like the entertainment value and take the plunge on faith :slight_smile:
  3. the question I’m really responding to: Yes, Sales Tax is included in the total offering price and paid by the winery per their requirements. Note that each week a different winery is transacting here.